Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just kind of gets old reading. It's been like 3 months since we fired him. Eeesh, let it go.

He will be a part of the program forever. His failures and successes will be referenced forever, but as Archie builds things, the bulk of the convo will go in that direction.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Conversation will move on from Crean. It already has for the most part. Much of what Crean gets, he has brought upon himself. *most here-respect what he did for us and did it in as clean as way as possible. Fans are frustrated he couldn't fulfill his duties as we hoped for the program. People are going to vent. I personally don't understand why some people take the jokes so seriously.

I read them, giggle or don't, then move on.

As mods we aim to keep things civil, but we allow critiques of players and coaches.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't see any jokes in the last couple of posts. Read one earlier today that Crean was "overrated as a human being"...

I don't see any jokes in the last couple of posts. Read one earlier today that Crean was "overrated as a human being"...

While I didn't make that comment I agree he is. He has a perception of being a great guy but stories (one I witnessed personally) makes me have no respect for the man.

While I didn't make that comment I agree he is. He has a perception of being a great guy but stories (one I witnessed personally) makes me have no respect for the man.

You're wrong.

You're wrong.

It's personal opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I don't have enough real facts to know. Seems like a fine guy to me. Maybe even a great guy. I consider him strange in several ways I won't go into.

As far as basketball goes, he wasn't good enough and that is all that really matters to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's personal opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I don't have enough real facts to know. Seems like a fine guy to me. Maybe even a great guy. I consider him strange in several ways I won't go into.

As far as basketball goes, he wasn't good enough and that is all that really matters to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree he wasn't good enough on the basketball side of things.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We all have stories. I have great ones about him.

Great. Well everyone else might not. You bash people for continuing to bring him up and saying anything remotely negative (sorry but that's going to happen to any coach that gets fired because obviously not everyone wanted him here).  I have no doubt TC is a good guy. But I also agree he comes off as something different than what he really is. Knew a few folks in the athletic department that didn't think as highly as him as you did. 

And that's fine. That's the beautiful thing about America everyone is entitled to their opinions but to tell someone theirs is wrong is laughable at best.

Didn't say your opinion was wrong. What's laughable is you not being able to understand that. It's wrong to see one instance of someone and assume that's how they always are... That's what's I said.

Didn't say your opinion was wrong. What's laughable is you not being able to understand that. It's wrong to see one instance of someone and assume that's how they always are... That's what's I said.

No that's not what you said. I gave my opinion and your responded with "you're wrong" the only other thing that was said was I witnessed him being a ****** and others have too. You wouldn't know if that was wrong or not. You're doing the same thing that you're up in arms about. So because you had a good instance that makes him a great man, but if others had a bad instances it's wrong to judge? That makes no sense.

No that's not what you said. I gave my opinion and your responded with "you're wrong" the only other thing that was said was I witnessed him being a ****** and others have too. You wouldn't know if that was wrong or not. You're doing the same thing that you're up in arms about. So because you had a good instance that makes him a great man, but if others had a bad instances it's wrong to judge? That makes no sense.

I told you what I said. All coaches are a**** at times. But again.. what I said, you're wrong to assume him a bad person because you've witnessed one instance. Dang man.