Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Final reason season WAR top 25

1. Purdue 29-4 (+12.21)
  2. U Conn 31-3 (+12.07)
  3. Houston 30-4 (+11.80)
  4. North Carolina 27-7 (+8.08)
  5. Iowa State 27-7 (+7.71)
  6. Auburn 27-7 (+7.45)
  7. Illinois 26-8 (+7.44)
  8. Marquette 25-9 (+7.20)
  9. Arizona 25-8 (+6.84)
  10. Tennessee 24-8 (+6.84)
  11. South Carolina 26-7 (+6.20)
  12. Baylor 22-10 (+5.75)
  13. Creighton 23-9 (+5.14)
  14. Kansas 21-10 (+4.94)
  15. Alabama 21-11 (+4.85)
  16. Duke 24-8 (+4.83)
  17. Utah State 25-6 (+4.68)
  18. Texas Tech 23-10 (+4.64)
  19. Florida 24-11 (+4.45)
  20. Nevada 25-7 (+4.37)
  21. Kentucky 23-9 (+4.27)
  22. Wisconsin 22-13 (+4.24)
  23. San Diego State 22-10 (+4.24)
  24. Dayton 24-7 (+3.99)
  25. BYU 23-10 (+3.90)

Close:  Nebraska 23-10 (+3.59), Drake 27-6 (+3.57), New Mexico 25-9 (+3.51), Colorado 24-10 (+3.50), Indiana State 27-6 (+3.50), Washington State 24-9 (+3.49)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Demo said:

Crean taking no prisoners on NIT non-participation. Agree 100%. If guys want to opt out, ok, but work with your kids and give the ones who want to a chance to keep playing. 

I agree with him on this one. Feel bad for those who are seniors and grad students and won't get a chance to extend what they have left of eligibility for the year.

Edited by OliviaPope40

6 hours ago, Demo said:

Crean taking no prisoners on NIT non-participation. Agree 100%. If guys want to opt out, ok, but work with your kids and give the ones who want to a chance to keep playing. 

Crean is correct. It would have been a good way to develop players, much like a bowl game.  It is embarrassing that IU bowed out because our program is in such disarray and because coach Woodson didn't want another loss on his record.  

21 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Crean is correct. It would have been a good way to develop players, much like a bowl game.  It is embarrassing that IU bowed out because our program is in such disarray and because coach Woodson didn't want another loss on his record.  

In most years I'd agree but who are we going to develop continuing to play under Woodson's coaching?

Didn't Crean decline an NIT invite one of his last years at IU

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Didn't Crean decline an NIT invite one of his last years at IU

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

No he played in the NIT.   They were suppose to host but something conflicted with that so they played at Georgia Tech instead and lost 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

No he played in the NIT.   They were suppose to host but something conflicted with that so they played at Georgia Tech instead and lost 

They didn’t get selected by the NIT one year and Glass declined a CBI offer that is what you might be thinking of 

Did we even get an invite

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Did we even get an invite

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

We said no prior to the invites.  We probably wouldn't have received one based on our NET. 

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Isu/SMU Wednesday at 7 on espn+. Not even on TV.   Ridiculous.   I will be at the First 4 so hope the Wi-Fi is working in the arena 

You’re kidding?

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Isu/SMU Wednesday at 7 on espn+. Not even on TV.   Ridiculous.   I will be at the First 4 so hope the Wi-Fi is working in the arena 

Tickets about 3x normal price too. I'm sure that's an NIT/NCAA thing, but I'm making sure Schertz and everyone is telling the truth about not doing anything until the season is over before I commit.