Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

42 minutes ago, Demo said:

63-33 with 5 mins left. And the color guy positing that UVA’s defense has been a bigger problem than their offense. Sorry, no, if you’ve scored 33 points in 35 mins the offense is the problem. 

Color guy was Cory Alexander, former UVA guy. Of course there's gonna be a little gas lighting.

Houston fouled Iowa St at least 4 times on that possession and didn’t get called for any of them.  lol 
The officiating has been B1G level bad in this game

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Norfolk St/NC Central game pretty good ending going down. NCC was down 7 about 90 seconds ago and just hit a 3 to tie with 1:00 to go

Norfolk wins. 62 combined FT attemps.

15 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The officiating has been B1G level bad in this game

Night in, night out the Big 12 is a more physical league than the Big Ten. It’s better too. 

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Virginia only has 6 losses... Problem?

Lost to Wisconsinby 24, 41-65

Lost to Memphis by 23, 54-77

Lost to Notre Dame by 22, 54-76

Lost to NC State by 16, 60-76

Lost to Wake Forest by 19, 47-66

Lost to Pittsburgh by 11, 53-64

And... Just lost to Virginia Tech by 34, 41-75

https://x.com/brad_wachtel/status/1759901970515538343?s=46

when Virginia loses they get their moneys worth.  Metric killing loses 

25 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I still can’t believe we were able to beat out Incarnate Word for Priller. Quite a coup.

was only because he had a weak right jab...

https://247sports.com/article/college-basketball-recruiting-the-g-league-ignite-never-really-threatened-college-basketball-recruiting-as-initially-feared-227454666/

Interesting read on G-League Ignite. NIL has made it pretty irrelevant and it certainly sounds like the NBA could pull the plug.

17 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What part of Lake County?

FWIW, I think IUN started playing basketball 15-20 years ago.  Most of the players on their team come from the Chicago public leagues.  

I'm from Hobart. Grew up there, but haven't lived there since early '90s. Would visit once or twice every year until last year. After my mom died, we sold the house she and my dad had for 57 years -- so there's probably very little chance I'll be going back. 

When I was growing up there, Purdue Cal had basketball -- though I don't think it's called Purdue Cal anymore. I even went to a camp there one year. But IUN didn't have hoops. 

53 minutes ago, JF87 said:

UCONN vs Creighton tonight on FS1.  Could be a great game.  I would love for Creighton to win.  I'm tired of UCONN's success.  

You know you are 1 of the biggest of big dogs when you can go somewhere like Creighton and that home court advantage and a team that good and be a road favorite.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Massive game in the MAC tonight Akron/Toledo.  Akron has 1 game lead over Toledo 

I’ll have it on one of the sides, but sorely disappointed in the MAC after they got curb stomped in that Sun Belt cross over series