Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Josh Phegley - Oakland Athletics

Terre Haute kid! I hope he makes it, but with them carrying Contreras and Caratini, with Schwarbs as an emergency back up catcher it's going to be a long shot for him. Know he's been with the A's for a few years. 

Hangin' up his cleats.

Pro Star Management @prostarmgmt

Our dear friend and treasured client, Josh Phegley, has made the decision to retire from the game he loves.  Family considerations and business opportunities factored into his decision.  We thank you, Phegs, for your loyalty and trust.  Love ya, buddy.

Josh Phegley spent 8 years in the Majors, playing for the White Sox, A's, and Cubs. Here are his rankings among #iubase alumni:

• Games: 7th (387)
  • Hits: 6th (251)
  • 2B: 5th (67)
  • HR: 3rd (35)
  • RBI: 5th (162)
  • Strikeouts as a pitcher: 13th (1)
  • ERA: 1st (0.00) in 1 career appearance

Was Mr Baseball my senior year of HS in '06. I'll always remember him as part of the White Sox trade for Jeff Samardzija. One of those other parts being another IU alum in Marcus Semien. Wish my Sox could have a do-over on that as Marcus has turned into quite the player. Best of luck to Phegley to keep it on topic.