Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Medema

B1G Players Declaring for the Draft/Graduating

One guy said he was declaring for the draft. Haven't heard it from anyone credible

Last I heard he was still decising but said he wouldn't announce either way until the April 27th deadlne. No Hurry

Should add transfers to this list as well IMO. Won't end up back in BIG 10.

Ronnie Johnson

Etherington
Hollowell

I think a Wisconsin transfer. Need to look it up.

I agree, as there are a lot of transfers in todays NCAA.... IU - Jonny Marlin, Andrew Calomeris, Joe Fagan, Northwestern has had 4 transfers, I think Purdue has a few leaving as well (Maybe it is just Johnson as listed above)

[quote name="Str8Hoosiers" post="58858" timestamp="1397136327"]I agree, as there are a lot of transfers in todays NCAA.... IU - Jonny Marlin, Andrew Calomeris, Joe Fagan, Northwestern has had 4 transfers, I think Purdue has a few leaving as well (Maybe it is just Johnson as listed above)[/quote]

Calomeris is still on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="djsalway" post="58859" timestamp="1397136818"]Stauskas declaring, according to Jeff Goodman. Just got the notification.[/quote] Hilarious. Stauskas is trying to deny the reports, for the second time now, and ESPN is already pumping out articles about him leaving.

Hilarious. Stauskas is trying to deny the reports, for the second time now, and ESPN is already pumping out articles about him leaving.

Haha I know. At this point, why don't you just accept the fact that they know and come out and say it? Everyone already knew he was gone anyway.

Calomeris is still on the team.

Thanks for the clarifiaction, I was under the impression EVERY walk on was gone... Glad to hear it, so that means we have 8 players returning from last years team correct?

[quote name="Str8Hoosiers" post="58915" timestamp="1397155835"]Thanks for the clarifiaction, I was under the impression EVERY walk on was gone... Glad to hear it, so that means we have 8 players returning from last years team correct?[/quote]

Yeah I thought that too, but Albers tweeted yesterday that he's still here. And yes, I believe it's 8 guys from last year.

Haha I know. At this point, why don't you just accept the fact that they know and come out and say it? Everyone already knew he was gone anyway.

Because he wants that press conference and ESPN is stealing his thunder. I'm with you on this. He's gone. There is more suspense in the notion that McGary and Robinson might jump than Nic leaving.

Horford from Michigan transferring. Leaves them kinda short on experienced big men.

If they lose McGary too they'll be down to Donnal, a 6'9" freshman (soph next year), and a 3 star 6'9" kid coming in. If Robinson goes pro too they could be in for an awfully small lineup too.

Multiple reports out of Michigan that Glenn Robinson III is going to sign with an agent and enter the draft. 

Was going to post this, but I was WAY too lazy to try and find the thread.

Assuming McGary doesn't leave they still return Walton, Lavert, Irvin, McGary.  That is 4 very good players.  Sadly they lose 2 very good players early and still look solid to me.  Chatman is pretty high rated coming in as well.  Now if McGary leaves, which seems unlikely then they are in trouble.

Assuming McGary doesn't leave they still return Walton, Lavert, Irvin, McGary.  That is 4 very good players.  Sadly they lose 2 very good players early and still look solid to me.  Chatman is pretty high rated coming in as well.  Now if McGary leaves, which seems unlikely then they are in trouble.

They lost Morgan to graduation and Horford to transfer. Even with McGary, they are kind of thin up front. They've actually lost 2 very good players and 2 solid rotation players.

I'm wondering where the incentive for McGary is to stay. He'll likely get drafted if he goes now and, while he can improve his stock, he risks tanking it or losing it entirely with another injury, even a minor one. I'll be (un)pleasently surprised if he doesn't declare.

I'm kind of surprised that all signs are point to GR3 declaring. Lots of mocks had him going in the lottery last year, and now he seen as more of a fringe first round guy. And Draftexpress specifically has him going 37th.