Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
TheWatShot

Post-game thread

[quote name="Scooter D" post="47133" timestamp="1394737009"]Why Davis? That guy is coming on like gang-busters.[/quote]

Bc he plays great and then doesn't see the floor hardly at all in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="wsteele" post="47157" timestamp="1394738650"]Bc he plays great and then doesn't see the floor hardly at all in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

That statement could be said for the half the team throughout the year

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="47138" timestamp="1394737407"]JMO, but I agree with wsteele. Davis got past over almost the whole season. If I was him I would be very bitter.

There's a reason he was passed over. He wasn't very good until recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="Scooter D" post="47143" timestamp="1394737800"]I guess that this just makes little sense to me. Maybe the college games just now clicked for him. Not all freshmen are going to make an immediate impact. Just because a player doesn't play and make an immediate impact is not a reason to transfer. Otherwise it would be an even more crazy merry-go-round during the off-season. JMO.[/quote]
You're right not all freshman make an immediate impact, but he rarely got the chance to prove himself. I'm just guessing, but I bet he believes there were guys getting minutes he should have gotten.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="47159" timestamp="1394738822"]That statement could be said for the half the team throughout the year[/quote]

That is very true but someone that is hot at the time needs to play. Kinda like how TWill didn't leave the court much today

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hollowell or Davis transfer as well as Noah going pro. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree with this and maybe a couple others. Combined with Noah leaving with what we have coming back and you will see next season more of the same as this year. Two shooting guards will not be enough coming in to turn this program around. Look at the expectations from the movement and the few diamonds Crean has recruited doesn't leave me feeling warm and cozy. Just more apathy which decribes my feelings after losing today and right after Penn St beat us at home. Next year will be Creans last because there won't be any improvement from this year. Donors will stop giving. Hopefully the Simons, Mellancamp or Cuban steps up but from what I saw on BTN Mellancamp and Crean are friends.

[quote name="All_Hoosiers" post="47161" timestamp="1394739036"]There's a reason he was passed over. He wasn't very good until recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]
He didn't get many minutes until recently.

Glad to see this painful season finally end.  I'm a Tom Crean fan, but he sure didn't have the team prepared for a fired-up Illinois squad.  This isn't all the coaches' fault, but they need to better prepare the team.  I hope Noah sticks around.  He needs a year (or two or three) to figure out how to play in that strong body of his.  How many times was his shot stuffed in the middle this afternoon? 4? 5?  That should tell him that he's not ready for the pros.  The team lost whatever focus it had down the stretch.  I wish Will Sheehy all the best in the future.  He will be one heck of a coach if he chooses to stay around basketball.

I like Noah but I thought he got owned but a lesser player in Egwu.  Understandable first part of the season but this is March.

I felt about this season as I felt about the '76-'77 season. That team actually had more talent and experience than this one. I really believe you will see a more sustained effort as the freshmen build up their stamina.

What really has me still upset: this is how Will Sheehey went out. I can't stomach it. He really picked it up at the end of the year. Couldn't ask much more from an unknown 3 star out of Florida. One of my all time favorites. And he went down with a row boat full of holes and no one willing to pick up a bucket

Crean sure doesn't seem to be much of a tournament coach. He is record is dismal.

Well, might as well lump the last 4 coaches IU has had into that group too.  IU has never fared well in the Big Ten Tournament.  Look it up.

[quote name="Kilroy" post="47086" timestamp="1394734454"]Some guy by the name of Zeller disagrees with you. He sticks around because he is a mid-to-late first rounder this year, with potential of being a high lottery pick next year with potential to make a lot more money. [/quote]

The difference is Noah is already projected Lottery pick. No reason to stay.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="47179" timestamp="1394742263"]The difference is Noah is already projected Lottery pick. No reason to stay. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] ESP when he won't get any better in this system that seems to struggle to get bigs the ball.

Some guy by the name of Zeller disagrees with you. He sticks around because he is a mid-to-late first rounder this year, with potential of being a high lottery pick next year with potential to make a lot more money. 

No he isn't. He is slotted between 5th to 10th overall in the draft. Don't know where you got the mid-to-late first rounder stuff from

[quote name="CampCrean" post="47177" timestamp="1394742209"]What really has me still upset: this is how Will Sheehey went out. I can't stomach it. He really picked it up at the end of the year. Couldn't ask much more from an unknown 3 star out of Florida. One of my all time favorites. And he went down with a row boat full of holes and no one willing to pick up a bucket[/quote]

I really feel sick to my stomach for the guy. Can't imagine how he feels about this season as a whole. Especially the end of it.

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="47138" timestamp="1394737407"]JMO, but I agree with wsteele. Davis got past over almost the whole season. If I was him I would be very bitter.

If I were him, I'd look at the fact I played quite a bit over the last 4-5 games of the season, and get excited that there are going to be plenty of minutes for me moving forward over te next 3 years.

Or... I could hold a grudge that I didn't play much as a freshman, transfer and not play at all for an entire season, then maybe play and earn minutes on a new team....

Come on guys... you can't be serious on that one!