Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Special edition B1G Tourney uniforms

See that top? Barely changed.Next step is names on the back. Quote me on this.Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

NOLA you've cracked it! Names on the back of the jerseys....ingenious!
That way Coach will be sure to make the appropriate substitutions!
The root cause of a disappointing season has been solved.
Go Hoosiers!
Beat Illionis!

Put pink ribbons in the kids hair for all I care. The name of the game is national championships not who still has the same jerseys every year. Everyone keeps talking about tradition but IU's greatest tradition is winning not what they're wearing. So hypothetically if someone told you we could keep the same jerseys forever and never hang another banner would you be ok with that? What if they said we get new jerseys and win within 5 years? I'm not saying new jerseys have any real effect it was just hypothetically. I know someone will reply without a valid argument and twist my words that I said we'll only win if we switch jerseys. That's in fact not what I said. I personally don't care either way, they're just jerseys. As long as Indiana is the name on the front nothing else matters. People complain about my distaste of Tom Crean but get bent out of shape over jerseys? Really? Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I personally just don't like the way jerseys are now. It's a part of a larger "the company who you get unis from (Nike, Adidas) owns you". Baylor's jerseys are disgusting. Oregon is a joke. I just don't want some company telling us what to wear. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but the classic look embodies Indiana basketball, not just IU. We invented the game and the classic look kind of goes along with that. I like the cream one if it didn't have those stupid dots. Why does it need dots? I know I'm nitpicking but the jerseys haven't changed in my lifetime and I just don't see a reason why they should. Is money really a problem for our program? A program that sells out every game and has high merch sales already? Will a recruit not come to IU if Seton Hall gets jerseys that glow in the dark? 

I like our jerseys, and the thing I hate about going away from the traditional jerseys are what we see some teams wear. I love our traditional jerseys, and love that it is about tradition. Is it the end of the world to switch jerseys, no, but I just can't stand how some of them look. It will be so weird watching this team play with those jerseys.

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="46838" timestamp="1394685321"]I like our jerseys, and the thing I hate about going away from the traditional jerseys are what we see some teams wear. I love our traditional jerseys, and love that it is about tradition. Is it the end of the world to switch jerseys, no, but I just can't stand how some of them look. It will be so weird watching this team play with those jerseys.[/quote]

We're only wearing them for a maximum of 4 games though. We don't have anything to worry about long term.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Only alternate I would like to see is one similar to what Kansas wore on the left. I like the script writing on the traditional warm-ups and they should use that on a cream color and even a crimson one would look cool. Just one game in each every year tho.[attachment=559:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1394689120.654561.jpg]

We're only wearing them for a maximum of 4 games though. We don't have anything to worry about long term.

This is just testing the waters for a future uni change. They wouldn't just change for this year's BTT. Put a stamp on it

[quote name="CampCrean" post="46879" timestamp="1394720024"]This is just testing the waters for a future uni change. They wouldn't just change for this year's BTT. Put a stamp on it[/quote]

That doesn't change the fact that it still isn't a big deal.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="46978" timestamp="1394730039"]To some it may not be[/quote]

You're right. Regardless of what happens people will be either happy, hell raising, or indifferent.

This is just testing the waters for a future uni change. They wouldn't just change for this year's BTT. Put a stamp on it

There very well may be a permanent uni change coming but these particular unis are just for this years postseason... They would just change for the BTT (& NIT in our case)

It is a way for Addidas to make extra money.... they do it every year, we have just resisted until this year.... UofL had special jersey last year and won the NC, yet those never came back this year. It isn't abot what the school wants it is a special way for Addidas to promo and make money.