Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Special edition B1G Tourney uniforms

The thing is we have changes uniforms look back at the 87 team and tell me the shorts today are the same ones they wore back then<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Str8Hoosiers" post="45129" timestamp="1394143830"]I agree with NOLA.... no reason for this... we are IU we are not Baylor... we don't need to change just because everyone else is. Some of you are saying this is a small tweak.... but it is those small changes that open the door for names on the back, infra-red... Do the players really get hyped up for this? Are they really excited about it? Does it help them stay cooler or play better?
(Hope Not, Doubt it, NO, NO).... it is a marketing ploy for IU and Addidas to make some extra money.

I would be dissappointed if any player said anything about being so excited to play because they get to wear new jerseys.... if you are not excited to play because you are playing at IU then go somewhere else and wear whatever jerseys you want!![/quote]

Were you ever an athlete? When you thought you looked good in your gear you were more excited and pumped up. That's a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Str8Hoosiers" post="45129" timestamp="1394143830"]I agree with NOLA.... no reason for this... we are IU we are not Baylor... we don't need to change just because everyone else is. Some of you are saying this is a small tweak.... but it is those small changes that open the door for names on the back, infra-red... Do the players really get hyped up for this? Are they really excited about it? Does it help them stay cooler or play better?
(Hope Not, Doubt it, NO, NO).... it is a marketing ploy for IU and Addidas to make some extra money.

I would be dissappointed if any player said anything about being so excited to play because they get to wear new jerseys.... if you are not excited to play because you are playing at IU then go somewhere else and wear whatever jerseys you want!![/quote]

James Blackmon loves them and hopes they wear them next year. I would assume that he isn't alone. So, yeah. The players get excited about them.

Were you ever an athlete? When you thought you looked good in your gear you were more excited and pumped up. That's a fact.

Yes to the first, no to the second.  It wasn't at the collegiate level albeit.  We got new uniforms too, we said "oh, these are nice" when they were first handed out but after that it didn't matter.  The uni doesn't make any difference, and if a kid has to have a fancy uni to get "pumped up" to play do we really want them?  That'd be pretty trivial of them.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="45136" timestamp="1394145507"]Were you ever an athlete? When you thought you looked good in your gear you were more excited and pumped up. That's a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Look good, feel good, play good.

No I think our current jersey's are fine.  I'm just not in the mindset that things can never change just because of tradition.  The tradition is winning championships... It's been 25+ years since that has happened.  Maybe a change would be good.

That change won't put a new banner in the rafters.  The jersey on your back or the shoes on your feet don't make you play better.  They don't win games.

Count me in the group that would love to see some updates. I agree that Script Indiana would be awesome to see as well.

I don't think we need to chnage the uniforms every year, but something like Duke & UNC - a signature look (argyle for UNC, the side panels for Duke) with minor tweeks over the years would a good thing.

In conjuction with the Nike/Jordan thread, I really hope we don't end up with the weird watermark thing on the backs of the jerseys. Not a fan of that at all.

We have a signature look.  

7_1293024.JPG

indiana-hoosiers-team.jpg

That is our signature look.

I don't mind changes. I just don't want drastic changes. I think what we have is a great core. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate jersey either. Something that floats with out current traditions. Incorporating the candy stripes or script-Indiana.

These are basically Wisconsin's postseason uniforms that look like they've been worn a few games and not washed.

I'm over this year.

I'm interested in seeing a unique alternate design for IU (no name on back....of course), but I'm not a fan of being Team X for a basic template.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="45141" timestamp="1394146524"]That change won't put a new banner in the rafters. The jersey on your back or the shoes on your feet don't make you play better. They don't win games.

We have a signature look.
7_1293024.JPG
indiana-hoosiers-team.jpg

That is our signature look.[/quote]

I wasn't saying new jerseys would equal a new banner. I AM saying that if we change our uniforms and we happen to lose some fans because of it I'll be thrilled those fans are gone. Too many decisions surrounding Indiana Basketball are made by tiptoeing around old school grumpy fans that can't tolerate change.

Those same fans are also LOVING that "nasty monstrosity they call a scoreboard now" as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If we're going to be traditional we should go way back. All I could find right now was from the 40s and 50s but I've seen much further back, they're great unis! None of this Bob Knight era stuff, he didn't invent IU basketball, most people just think he did.

indiana-university-basketball-m-1953-men 

1383083975000-iu1940.jpg

I wasn't saying new jerseys would equal a new banner. I AM saying that if we change our uniforms and we happen to lose some fans because of it I'll be thrilled those fans are gone. Too many decisions surrounding Indiana Basketball are made by tiptoeing around old school grumpy fans that can't tolerate change.

Those same fans are also LOVING that "nasty monstrosity they call a scoreboard now" as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't see why us having outdated uniforms is such a big deal to some fans, I guess the "next shiny thing" syndrome applies to more than just recruits.  Those uniforms are a part of Indiana basketball now, just like the candy stripes and the banners.  The Yankees don't change their pinstripes and Alabama doesn't change their helmets, why does IU need to change their uniforms?  Those outdated uniforms didn't keep us from getting Zeller or Oladipo or Sheehey or Yogi or Vonleh or Blackmon or...

Recruiting is the life blood of a program and the results say our uniforms aren't hurting us, and new uniforms won't make the players play better so it'd just be change for the sake of change.    An alternate from time to time, sure, but a permanent change isn't necessary and really has no benefit.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="45163" timestamp="1394151326"]I don't see why us having outdated uniforms is such a big deal to some fans, I guess the "next shiny thing" syndrome applies to more than just recruits. Those uniforms are a part of Indiana basketball now, just like the candy stripes and the banners. The Yankees don't change their pinstripes and Alabama doesn't change their helmets, why does IU need to change their uniforms? Those outdated uniforms didn't keep us from getting Zeller or Oladipo or Sheehey or Yogi or Vonleh or Blackmon or...

Recruiting is the life blood of a program and the results say our uniforms aren't hurting us, and new uniforms won't make the players play better so it'd just be change for the sake of change. An alternate from time to time, sure, but a permanent change isn't necessary and really has no benefit.[/quote]

I'm with you in keeping the regulars and having alternates every once in a while. I actually love the simplicity of them. Simple uniforms are more appealing to me, personally. Anyways, in all fairness, the Yankees and Bama win. A lot. We "used" to win. Plus, like someone said, this isn't a permanent change so I don't know why everyone is freaking out. (Last comment isn't directed at you, just didn't want to make 2 posts.)