Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
FortWayneHoosier

Noah stays or goes?

I have heard so many different opinions on Vonleh leaving or staying, all from family members and personal friends. I would like to hear your guys' opinion on the subject. I know this is a month old but it shows you his rank with different sites

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/01/08/draft-watch-a-look-at-noah-vonlehs-stock/

source: Insidethehall.com

So what do you guys think? Does he stay? If so, why? Does he leave? If so why?

I see a very very young man.  I don't see the motivation for him to play College basketball are the buy in for an education.  I think when he signed with IU just using that as a stepping block to go pro.  Sorry that he can't see the future or an education.  Next time Tom recruits maybe he should be asking that question. Do you want a degree from IU?

my gut says he will stay one more year.  depends on his family's situation and were he is slated to be drafted.  He is a young freshmen, i think he is only 18.  i thought the NBA had a age requirement so he will not be 19 during the draft.  He won't turn 19 until Aug.  Draft is in June.  

[quote name="Monkeyboy" post="42196" timestamp="1393422238"]my gut says he will stay one more year. depends on his family's situation and were he is slated to be drafted. He is a young freshmen, i think he is only 18. i thought the NBA had a age requirement so he will not be 19 during the draft. He won't turn 19 until Aug. Draft is in June. [/quote]

I believe it's "or one year out of HS".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="jcummins" post="42195" timestamp="1393422235"][size=3]I see a very very young man. I don't see the motivation for him to play College basketball are the buy in for an education. I think when he signed with IU just using that as a stepping block to go pro. Sorry that he can't see the future or an education. Next time Tom recruits maybe he should be asking that question. Do you want a degree from IU?[/size][/quote]

Everything that I've read about him, including interviews with him, show that actually he and his family both value education quite a bit and he has talked about being a 2-3 year guy. Now that was at the start of the season, but he was still projected in the lottery then. So, yes, I think he actually does see a future and an education. And that's coming directly from the source. Like you and many others, I don't know if he will stick to his word, but that'sjust what he has said in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Add in some other guys, who are considered potential lottery picks, not performing well recently, Aaron Gordon. And his draft stock just looks that much better. Also some teams in the lottery won't even look at players with any red flags, which now Smart has one. And he probably could be pushed above him.

I see a very very young man. I don't see the motivation for him to play College basketball are the buy in for an education. I think when he signed with IU just using that as a stepping block to go pro. Sorry that he can't see the future or an education. Next time Tom recruits maybe he should be asking that question. Do you want a degree from IU?

<br />I think that is crazy. If someone values a IU degree more than capitalizing on his God given and personally developed skills he would be crazy. Crazy. The NBA window is not that long for most who enter. That opportunity is short so if he has a chance now go. Then in a few years if you want to get a degree you may have more life under your belt to know what to study. I miss the 4 year guys but with the lure of the NBA and the one and done rule, few of the best will stay long enough to get the degree initially. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Noah has a lot of work to do before he should leave. I think he knows this, and will stay one more year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Every top prospect has a lot of work to do. Parker doesn't play defense. Embiid and Wiggins are both super raw on offense, Smart is a douche bag that can't shoot, Randle needs to improve his perimeter game.  

I remember him saying before he got to college that he did not want to be a "one and done" guy because he knew that college was important, sort of like Cody. That being said, I think he's staying at least another year because him and his family have their priorities and will follow them.