Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2014) SF Josh Cunningham to Bradley

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="40074" timestamp="1392593250"][url="https://twitter.com/michaelsobrien/status/435176735861006337"]1h[/url]
[url="https://twitter.com/michaelsobrien"]me_normal.jpg[/url]
[url="https://twitter.com/michaelsobrien"][b]Michael O'Brien[/b] [color=rgb(136,136,136)]@michaelsobrien[/color][/url]

Last year Josh Cunningham had a reputation in the city for being a soft player. Safe to say that is long gone. He's roughing up Okafor.[color=rgb(41,45,51)][font=HelveticaNeue][background=rgb(252,252,252)]

[/background][/font][/color][/quote]

Indiana could use some toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Justin Albers ‏@Justin_Albers  1m
2014 forward Josh Cunningham will visit Indiana unofficially on Sunday. #iubb

Justin Albers ‏@Justin_Albers  1m
2014 forward Josh Cunningham will visit Indiana unofficially on Sunday. #iubb

Hope the weather doesn't hinder this visit. Freezing drizzle and 4 to 6 inches of snow may be a problem.

We really don't need another wing.  Even if one leaves we still have plenty.  What we need even less is a player that will tie up a scholarship for 4 years.

We need tough, talented, hard working, good shooting basketball players.

To use an old phrase in a completely different way; "Size doesn't matter".

We need tough, talented, hard working, good shooting basketball players.

To use an old phrase in a completely different way; "Size doesn't matter".

We need bigs, unless you want a 6-6 or 6-7 player in the post in the B1G.  I sure don't.

What makes you think this guy is a "basketball player"?  Have you seen him play?  I haven't.  Williams was a 4 star too, and he's 100% "athlete" not "basketball player", and highlight videos can make pretty much anyone look good.

We need bigs, unless you want a 6-6 or 6-7 player in the post in the B1G.  I sure don't.

What makes you think this guy is a "basketball player"?  Have you seen him play?  I haven't.  Williams was a 4 star too, and he's 100% "athlete" not "basketball player", and highlight videos can make pretty much anyone look good.

Hey, I'm a middle-aged hoops fan in the suburbs. My post is not necessarily an endorsement of Josh Cunningham. My point is that high-level players can be a little less tall and still very effective. 

Seven footers aren't necessary. Matt Howard  (first example that came into my mind) took Butler to two straight national championship games as a 6'7" skinny center. Bobby Wilkerson jumped center and was a leading rebounder on an undefeated national champion as a 6'6" two-guard.

Hey, I'm a middle-aged hoops fan in the suburbs. My post is not necessarily an endorsement of Josh Cunningham. My point is that high-level players can be a little less tall and still very effective. 

Seven footers aren't necessary. Matt Howard  (first example that came into my mind) took Butler to two straight national championship games as a 6'7" skinny center. Bobby Wilkerson jumped center and was a leading rebounder on an undefeated national champion as a 6'6" two-guard.

That undefeated team also had Kent Benson (6'10) starting at center.

I just think we have enough 6'6 to 6'7 players.  We need depth down low, I don't trust Hanner and Peter doesn't count.  We are in serious trouble of Vonleh goes pro so if I was coach I'd be looking at JUCOs and graduate transfers as stop gaps in the post.

That undefeated team also had Kent Benson (6'10) starting at center.

I just think we have enough 6'6 to 6'7 players.  We need depth down low, I don't trust Hanner and Peter doesn't count.  We are in serious trouble of Vonleh goes pro so if I was coach I'd be looking at JUCOs and graduate transfers as stop gaps in the post.

Agree that PJ doesn't count. I think that Hanner will be a valuable defensive piece in the future. 

JUCOs and grad transfers?  

Dean Garrett is NOT walking through that door. Ya know what a high-end 6'10" grad transfer big looks like?

Sandi Marcuis.

A high-end JUCO center? 

Eloy Vargas.

Agree that PJ doesn't count. I think that Hanner will be a valuable defensive piece in the future. 

JUCOs and grad transfers?  

Dean Garrett is NOT walking through that door. Ya know what a high-end 6'10" grad transfer big looks like?
Sandi Marcuis.
A high-end JUCO center? 
Eloy Vargas.

I'd be happy with a Carl Landry.