Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

Jeremy Hollowell.....

With all these rumors of failed drug tests, his lack of effort and play, and him being benched against Penn State. Could he be up next to transfer???? Should we get rid of him and open up a scholarship and look for a big man, since most of us agree Vonleh is gone after this season. What would you guys do with him? Keep him? Make him come of the bench?

It would be completely out of line to get rid of a kid only if he is underperforming. As previously mentioned, we don't have facts to support he did anything wrong, so let's not prove this guy guilty in the court of public opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would be completely out of line to get rid of a kid only if he is underperforming. As previously mentioned, we don't have facts to support he did anything wrong, so let's not prove this guy guilty in the court of public opinion.

Capo?

If we got rid of all the kids who were not performing we would not have A team. I have been steadfast in my support of Jeremy and I really believe he is a good player. Unlike a lot of high-profile prospects he decided to stay home let's support him. He's a HOOSIER!

Since when do facts matter in the court of public opinion?  I agree with you that we don't have the facts, but those tend to be irrelevant in the court of public opinion.

all of my points i made were just questions and what ifs, that is all, i guess i got what i wanted and that was to get peoples opinions going, just please know that i am NOT saying he is guilty of the rumors (i think its bs if you ask me), just a what if. Im just curious to see if he transfers, if hes benched again and his playing time is cut down significantly later on.

It comes down to potential. Should we get rid of the whole bench? No way! No one expects Jonny Marlin to start a game in a million years. But Hollowell can play, and the lack of effort this year shows through without even knowing the guy personally. Imagine if Oladipo just gave up last year after showing so much promise the year before. It's not an exact comparison, but we wouldn't have looked upon 'Dipo so kindly.

He's 0 for 9 from beyond the arc with 17% FG shooting in IU's 5 losses. He's also one of the worst turnover offenders. There is no reason he's started this many games, I'm surprised Crean benched him just now.

Personally I don't care if the rumors are true, I did a lot of crap when I was 19 too. To me, he looks like he doesn't want to play. No sense in *****-footing around the issue, Crean was absolutely right to make him ride the pine.

Personally I don't care if the rumors are true, I did a lot of crap when I was 19 too. To me, he looks like he doesn't want to play. No sense in *****-footing around the issue, Crean was absolutely right to make him ride the pine.

Some guys don't show emotion to anything (If most of you guys met me in person you'd think I didn't give two chits about anything), it doesn't mean they don't care about stuff. I keep hearing tons of fans complain about how his demeanor in the court doesn't change, and cite that as a reason why he doesn't care. Some people are just that way, again it doesn't mean they don't care

[quote name="KingPG21" post="29583" timestamp="1389653814"]Some guys don't show emotion to anything (If most of you guys met me in person you'd think I didn't give two chits about anything), it doesn't mean they don't care about stuff. I keep hearing tons of fans complain about how his demeanor in the court doesn't change, and cite that as a reason why he doesn't care. Some people are just that way, again it doesn't mean they don't care[/quote]

Totally agree. CWat was also that way, but there's no way he didn't care. Jeremy isn't on his skill level, but saying he doesn't care isn't right. If he didn't care he wouldn't be here.

It comes down to potential. Should we get rid of the whole bench? No way! No one expects Jonny Marlin to start a game in a million years. But Hollowell can play, and the lack of effort this year shows through without even knowing the guy personally. Imagine if Oladipo just gave up last year after showing so much promise the year before. It's not an exact comparison, but we wouldn't have looked upon 'Dipo so kindly.

He's 0 for 9 from beyond the arc with 17% FG shooting in IU's 5 losses. He's also one of the worst turnover offenders. There is no reason he's started this many games, I'm surprised Crean benched him just now.

Williams has been a worse turnover offender, slightly, and he hasn't been benched yet.

Some guys don't show emotion to anything (If most of you guys met me in person you'd think I didn't give two chits about anything), it doesn't mean they don't care about stuff. I keep hearing tons of fans complain about how his demeanor in the court doesn't change, and cite that as a reason why he doesn't care. Some people are just that way, again it doesn't mean they don't care

Yeah, demeanor doesn't mean a thing.  Watford was the same way.

The only people that say Hollowell gives no effort are the ones that don't know him.

People question Watford all the time. If he hasn't made the shot against UK, I wonder how much fans would've really loved him.

Yes, Hollowell is upsetting because he should be much better than Watford was. He should be one of the best guys on the team.

If it takes him two years to adjust, then so be it. There's a reason Crean still supports him unless he does something stupid off the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hollowell does give effort it's ridiculous to say he doesn't. Do you think he wants to have these struggles? Something isn't clicking in the kids head right now.