Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

Jeremy Hollowell.....

I have no clue as to what is really going on here, just like the rest of you. But I seriously doubt it is half as bad as what the Heisman winner was accused of. Calm down, he is a Hoosier & he is on OUR team. Therefore I will not bad mouth the KID.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners

Ditto this. 

I haven't totally given up on the kid and I hope he is able to turn it around.  But if not, I think a change of scenery would be mutually beneficial to both Jeremy and the program.  I'd rather see him grow from this and become the player we want him to be. 

Call me wrong, but I have totally given up on him as a fan. He has shown me nothing worth being able to say he will turn it around in the near future. IF he continues to ride the pine per CTC's decision I do see a possibility of him choosing to transfer out on his own but never being "dumped" by the program. 

I've liked him since he was bein recruited, I can't turn on him just yet, I think he's got issues he's dealing with and I hope he snaps out of it. The kid is talented, I just hate seein that talent goin to waste...<br /><br /><br />

I hate to be the one to say it but the rumors are looking more and more true. After not playing again last night, in a game that JH could have had a potential impact down the stretch makes me believe that there is something going on. 

i cant see a kid sitting out two big games in a row just because hes not "focused on the court", but who knows

I hate to be the one to say it but the rumors are looking more and more true. After not playing again last night, in a game that JH could have had a potential impact down the stretch makes me believe that there is something going on. 

Again I don't get how people jump to this conclusion when the only player named by name in the rumor is Devin Davis and not JH. JH being incorporated into the rumor is purely speculation. 

You guys are missing the bigger picture here. Indiana just won a road big ten game and beat the #3 undefeated team at home in back to back games.

Let the chips fall where they may, my team is on the floor!

You're right, my first thought after the buzzer sounded last night was "welp, JH probably did do something to deserve the bench", please!! Huge win, good for the program and the young guys.

As you said though, we just won a road B1G game and knocked off undefeated #3 at home sans JH....it does nothing but spark intrigue, that is all. 

Again I don't get how people jump to this conclusion when the only player named by name in the rumor is Devin Davis and not JH. JH being incorporated into the rumor is purely speculation. 

Yet again we reach the subject of what source named any names at all in this rumor, yes, I am acknowledging it is a rumor. However, if that source is correct how do your explain the minutes of Davis last night? 

For all that is concerned I hope that NEITHER is correct and this comes to pass, however, for sake of discussion it is worth noting. 

Yet again we reach the subject of what source named any names at all in this rumor, yes, I am acknowledging it is a rumor. However, if that source is correct how do your explain the minutes of Davis last night? 

For all that is concerned I hope that NEITHER is correct and this comes to pass, however, for sake of discussion it is worth noting. 

Well given the source was a guy who had a very low comment count on here. He never really said anything beyond saying that three players (Again only naming DD by name) and then disappeared. Plus he hasn't said anything on any thread on multiple sites to defend this rumor, I maintain that is really isn't a good source in the first place. 

I just have issues with people jumping to conclusions about a kid based on what one anonymous source said on a game thread. And again, even more so when the source has disappeared since. 

[quote name="MrYuk" post="29669" timestamp="1389723226"]I've liked him since he was bein recruited, I can't turn on him just yet, I think he's got issues he's dealing with and I hope he snaps out of it. The kid is talented, I just hate seein that talent goin to waste...

Regardless of whether or not the rumors have any validity, there is a bigger truth that everyone seems to be missing. JH was benched and we got two wins. I'd suggest that those aren't mutually exclusive. For the record, I love for JH to become the player that everyone wants him to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Regardless of whether or not the rumors have any validity, there is a bigger truth that everyone seems to be missing. JH was benched and we got two wins. I'd suggest that those aren't mutually exclusive. For the record, I love for JH to become the player that everyone wants him to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

i totally agree with what you said about us missing the truth. I know hes only a soph. and it takes awhile to develop, but i feel like he would have already. Thats just me im sure most will disagree

Rumors or not, JH's play on the court has deserved a benching. What has happened since then?

- Indiana wins two must win games
- AE steps up and plays solid minutes. Plays hard like he WANTS to stay out there.
- Stan had gotten increased minutes and has played his @$$ off. Not always making the smart play, but is adding value to this team
- The team is together and super focused.

Regardless of why he is out, good things have come from it which leads me to saying it's a good move. Look at how Noah and Yogi reacted to their benching last night. Coach Crean is taking control back of this team and it couldn't have happened any sooner.

AMEN! Preach. Could not have summed up this topic any better than this.