Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Music Thread

For game day, let's have a sonic hurricane, no holds-barred, fuzz-toned freak-out.  Tuneful punk headbanging from the Electric Eels. You'll be ready to run through a brick wall while humming along with the album Die Electric Eels:

RIP to Seymour Stein, founder of Sire Records and harbinger of the New Wave revolution of the late ‘70’s and early ‘80’s. Signed The Talking Heads, The Ramones, The Pretenders, The Smiths, The Replacements, The Cure and, weirdly enough, Ice-T and Madonna. And, hey, had a pretty bad song named after him, so there’s that.

Just bought tickets for Tedeschi-Trucks in July at the Fabulous Fox Theater, which is a spectacular venue with great sound. Will be 1 of the high points of the summer. In honor of, this may be my favorite YouTube video. Trucks’ smirk at 1:16, when you’re an all-time bada$$ and yet even by your ridiculous standard you know you’ve just nailed one, is simply the best. And what must it feel like when a BB King says you’re the man? 

47 minutes ago, Demo said:

Just bought tickets for Tedeschi-Trucks in July at the Fabulous Fox Theater, which is a spectacular venue with great sound. Will be 1 of the high points of the summer. In honor of, this may be my favorite YouTube video. Trucks’ smirk at 1:16, when you’re an all-time bada$$ and yet even by your ridiculous standard you know you’ve just nailed one, is simply the best. And what must it feel like when a BB King says you’re the man? 

Hmmmmmm…can’t quite match name to face on that young man to Derek’s immediate right. He must be pretty good to be on stage with those legends!

Haven't plastered up something good in a while. Here's one that's really good...

Robyn Hitchcock has a great catalogue. Funny, musical, English, 'hooky'. He's always been the lead idea guy and songwriter under a few incarnations - here's a hunk of awesomeness Ole Tarantula.

Wickedly funny, jangly, and hummable in a hurry.

Georgia Tech hosts a competition for musical instrument inventions.  The instrument that won this year is kind of a mouth theremin...well you have to see and hear it: (17) Guthman 2023's 1st Place Winner: Zen Flute - YouTube

More about it... (17) Zen Flute 2 - YouTube

Demonstration... (17) Zen Flute Demo - YouTube

Even a caveman can play it.

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Today is 6 yrs since Chris Cornell passed.
Sure, it’s trite as hell, but when something’s true, it’s true: no one sings like you anymore. 

My favorite Audioslave song. I miss them dearly. 

RIP to Andy Rourke, the bass player for The Smiths. Normally way too enamored of Marr’s playing and generally too unsophisticated to properly appreciate bass lines, but this one is undeniably cool. Also, this is just 1 criminally under appreciated Smith’s song.  

18 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

My favorite Audioslave song. I miss them dearly. 

Along with just being, ya know, Chris Cornell, he gets extra credit for the fact that Soundgarden and Audioslave are 2 of the all-time great band names.