Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Music Thread

Now being reported that it was an overdose on crack instead of heroin.  Apparently he gave up heroin because it was bad....and switched to hillbilly heroin instead.  

Seriously, I loved Weiland.  STP is one of the best bands ever.  Addictions suck.  For the encore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHt3JkyC9Y

Was talking to a guy at work Friday.  He showed me pics of him with his arm around Dave Draymond, another with Ivan Moody, one with Slash.  Turns out his cousin is a very connected band manager.  Said he's been backstage to countless concerts with pics to match.  Said his wife doesn't like hard rock anymore.  All the sudden I think I/m going to be backstage for April's Disturbed/Shine Down/Chevelle show.    :biggrin:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Guns n' Roses is getting back together for Coachella 2016 and possibly a summer tour.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

I will believe it when I see it young buck. I have had tix to 2 GNR shows cancelled over the years. Is Slash getting back with Axl? Or just Axl and buckethead?

No confirmation from Izzy yet (backbone of the original lineup), Sorum most likely on drums (Adler is, well, Adler). Sebastian Bach rejoining Skid Row=opening act. I met Axl once, helluva nice guy!

Seriously? That's surprising.

It was '91 or '92, in W Lafeyette.  I was waiting for some rugby friends in a low life bar, he was sitting next to me.  We ended up talking about general music stuff, not GNR (btw, one of my absolute favorites!!!).  Super nice guy.  Overall, I think the "AXL" media personality is a character which the real guy has unfortunately become.  I had some great bootlegs of November Rain done on piano and guitar only back in '89 that were just awesome!