Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

AH Renovation coming very soon

The way I see it Knight will come back on his own terms and when he is ready but I have agree with Pat it's time to stop acting childish and let it go.

I think Knight has every right to feel the way he does. I don't see anything childish about it.

On the AH subject. I'm all for renovations but under no circumstance should AH ever be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I realize everyone loves the history of Assembly Hall but man, having attended 50+ games in that place as a student, there are so many really horrible seats and viewing angles.  I honestly would not mind if they built a new Assembly Hall from scratch which apparently isn't the plan but I just wanted to chime in here. 

Well I know we've all seen the articles about his son Pat trying to talk him into it. All of HOOSIER nation loves him and he knows it. The university did him wrong, more Myles Brand doing. The fan base wants him back not sure where the university stands on it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For the record, the University didn't do him wrong IMO. They fired a coach who was underperforming and out of control. Just calling it like it is.

I think Knight has every right to feel the way he does. I don't see anything childish about it.

On the AH subject. I'm all for renovations but under no circumstance should AH ever be replaced.

I disagree.  Every individual involved in his firing is either dead or no longer employed by Indiana University.  To continue to hold that grudge is absolutely childish and he has no reason other than extreme stubbornness to avoid being HONORED by IU.  Yes Bobby, we aren't inviting you back to stone you.  We want to honor you.  You continue to stubbornly decline.  That is on you.   

I disagree. Every individual involved in his firing is either dead or no longer employed by Indiana University. To continue to hold that grudge is absolutely childish and he has no reason other than extreme stubbornness to avoid being HONORED by IU. Yes Bobby, we aren't inviting you back to stone you. We want to honor you. You continue to stubbornly decline. That is on you.

And I disagree with you. When you do everything for a school and pretty much be the reason everyone knows what IU basketball is then by all means he should be pissed. Most were fine with the way he acted while he was winning but as soon as he has some off years it's no longer acceptable? Get out of here with that. It's 100% on the university if they didn't like the way he acted they should have done something from the get go not wait until the end. I absolutely love IU but in my opinion the knight situation is completely on them.

I was never fine with the way he acted, even in the glory years. Most of the people I knew weren't real happy with it either. You are right about one thing though, they should have acted on it much sooner. As in right from the get go.  

I was never fine with the way he acted, even in the glory years. Most of the people I knew weren't real happy with it either. You are right about one thing though, they should have acted on it much sooner. As in right from the get go.

I've got not a problem with that. Not everyone has the same philosophy on coaching. I just can't stand the people that were ok with it then switched sides when he struggled.

Since I wasn't a fan at the time, my impartial view is Knight was right to stay away from IU while the administration that fired him was there, but now that they are not involved at the school anymore he should make amends with a place he used to love and that to this day loves him. Plus, it would be great having THE Bob Knight on campus while I'm there.  :biggrin:

Growing up and playing basketball in the state of Indiana, I would have done anything to wear the candy stripes for Coach Knight. Once a Hoosier always a Hoosier no matter how you look at it. Remodel the place, give Knight a statue, name the court WatShot Way do whatever you like, it will never change the fact that Indiana University and the men's basketball team are expected to be among the best and that will never change. Indiana is what it is & we are who we are because of Coach Knight, say what you want but without Coach Knight we are just another Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State or Minnesota. Coach Knight acted like a bad a.. Because he was a bad a.. And that is no lie

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

And I disagree with you. When you do everything for a school and pretty much be the reason everyone knows what IU basketball is then by all means he should be pissed. Most were fine with the way he acted while he was winning but as soon as he has some off years it's no longer acceptable? Get out of here with that. It's 100% on the university if they didn't like the way he acted they should have done something from the get go not wait until the end. I absolutely love IU but in my opinion the knight situation is completely on them.

Here's the issue I take with what you're saying, and Bronco mentioned it. The people who actually fired Knight are gone. The university didn't fire him. The university didn't treat him badly. His beef was with actual people, and they're gone, or even dead. So what could his issue with the university, an inanimate organization run by entirely different people than who were here in 2000, be? That's my biggest issue with him. Fred Glass and President McRobbie certainly didn't fire him, so why is he still holding onto a grudge against them at this point?

Besides my opinions on the Bob Knight situation, I'm glad they are at least doing something to Assembly Hall.  I may be in the minority, but I agreed on a new Assembly Hall.  You could put back in the charm of the now Assembly Hall, but make some major updates in the new building.  I love Assembly Hall, so I'm glad that they are at least updating it.

Here's the issue I take with what you're saying, and Bronco mentioned it. The people who actually fired Knight are gone. The university didn't fire him. The university didn't treat him badly. His beef was with actual people, and they're gone, or even dead. So what could his issue with the university, an inanimate organization run by entirely different people than who were here in 2000, be? That's my biggest issue with him. Fred Glass and President McRobbie certainly didn't fire him, so why is he still holding onto a grudge against them at this point?

It doesn't matter who is or isn't there. If you work somewhere and a manager walks in, fires you and in your opinion you were wrongfully terminated would you go back if he left? I bet not. The people who fired him were a reflection of the university so to him Indiana University fired him. I completely understand why he holds a grudge and I would too.

He is a stubborn man and the people that wronged him are in the grave.  So no, I don't blame IU for him continuing to refuse to come back.  The current administration has reached out to him, he has declined.  So be it.  That is on him, not the university.  Indiana University is bigger than Bob Knight.  He is not Herman B. Wells.  He was a very successful basketball coach.  That doesn't make him bigger than the school. 

He is a stubborn man and the people that wronged him are in the grave. So no, I don't blame IU for him continuing to refuse to come back. The current administration has reached out to him, he has declined. So be it. That is on him, not the university. Indiana University is bigger than Bob Knight. He is not Herman B. Wells. He was a very successful basketball coach. That doesn't make him bigger than the school.

We'll have to agree to disagree.