Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

So I'm in kiwi land (New Zealand) and have been missing US beer a lot. The beer here is alright but not too exciting so far. But I had a dark lager tonight from a place called the Sprig and Fern and it was awesome! Best beer I've had since getting here!

On a side note, it seems that Founders has put out their Kentucky Breakfast Stout recently. As much as we all hate Kensucky, this is a great beer and everyone should drink if they can (I've heard it's at yogis) so I can live vicariously through you!

So I'm in kiwi lab (New Zealand) and have been missing US beer a lot. The beer here is alright but not too exciting so far. But I had a dark lager tonight from a place called the Sprig and Fern and it was awesome! Best beer I've had since getting here!

On a side note, it seems that Founders has put out their Kentucky Breakfast Stout recently. As much as we all hate Kensucky, this is a great beer and everyone should drink if they can (I've heard it's at yogis) so I can live vicariously through you!

Love KBS! Guess I could say I love about anything Founders puts out. Founders, Stone, Three Floyd's, and Russian River are my overall favorites

Highly recommend the Stone Enjoy By series. Freshest IPA I have ever tried. Also Lagunitas, which just opened a facility in Chicago and you can pretty much find their beer anywhere in Indiana. They have some solid ones and the prices are lower than most. I can find a six pack for about $10.00 so they have become my go to beer.

Highly recommend the Stone Enjoy By series. Freshest IPA I have ever tried. Also Lagunitas, which just opened a facility in Chicago and you can pretty much find their beer anywhere in Indiana. They have some solid ones and the prices are lower than most. I can find a six pack for about $10.00 so they have become my go to beer.

Love the Enjoy By 4-20! I went to the bar last week and only had about an hour. I usually don't order, as the bartenders know what I like and pour what they think is good. I pounded 3 in an hour (wasn't driving!) before the bartender told me the alcohol content is 9.4%!

I have yet to try zombie dust and can't find it anywhere in my hometown

Finding Zombie Dust or Gumballhead can be a bit of a problem, even if your local liquor store carries it. I've had to have them hold it for me. Basically, Three Floyds only tries to supply Indiana retailers, they have no desire to expand their business, and a liquor store is basically only getting a case of each of these each week and maybe not that. This is what I was told at a large liquor store. People hang out in the store for a hour or two waiting on the truck, or follow the truck from store to store. Just ask around and see if somebody can get you some, or will hold you a six pack.

Love the Enjoy By 4-20! I went to the bar last week and only had about an hour. I usually don't order, as the bartenders know what I like and pour what they think is good. I pounded 3 in an hour (wasn't driving!) before the bartender told me the alcohol content is 9.4%!

Yeah they are really tasty and you can't really tell the alcohol content is that high but they definitely sneak up on you!

Finding Zombie Dust or Gumballhead can be a bit of a problem, even if your local liquor store carries it. I've had to have them hold it for me. Basically, Three Floyds only tries to supply Indiana retailers, they have no desire to expand their business, and a liquor store is basically only getting a case of each of these each week and maybe not that. This is what I was told at a large liquor store. People hang out in the store for a hour or two waiting on the truck, or follow the truck from store to store. Just ask around and see if somebody can get you some, or will hold you a six pack.

Three Floyds is actually in the process of expanding. I read the expansion project, which is supposed to almost triple their current production, will take three years to complete. What's also exciting is that the expansion will include a distillery and they plan on distilling  spirits that are just like their beers; "not normal". Exciting times ahead for Three Floyds!

Anyone from southwest Indiana, what do u think of Tin Man? I like the Circuit and the Rivet Red currently. The Emperial IPA almost made me vomit but that has never been my type of beer

Anyone from southwest Indiana, what do u think of Tin Man? I like the Circuit and the Rivet Red currently. The Emperial IPA almost made me vomit but that has never been my type of beer

Try the Cafe Leche Porter. Probably one of the tastiest porters I've ever tried.

I don't think I have tried any but the Rivet. Was probably my second or third at that setting so it didn't make a big impression. Migh have to make it a first choice next time and see.