Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JSHoosier

(2014) QB Alexander Diamont

Here's an older article from Oct. 3,but i wanted to post it.

Alexander Diamont, an Indiana commit out of Venice High School in Los Angeles, earned a spot on the USA Football Under-19 National Team, the organization announced Thursday.

Diamont was an All-City player and co-Player of the Year in his league as a junior, and is rated as a high two-star quarterback in the 247Composite, a service from 247Sports.com that combines the rankings of four major recruiting sites into one consensus ranking.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound signal caller threw for 2,977 yards and 31 touchdowns during his junior season and committed to IU on June 12.

Diamont will join the team when it faces Team Canada at 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 7 at Maverick Stadium on Texas' campus. He is one of three quarterbacks on the roster.

Link

Who says quarterback Alexander Diamont of Venice can't scramble? Against Dorsey (see above), the Indiana-bound Diamont was forced out of the pocket several times and came through in a 31-29 victory. On the season, he has passed for 1,527 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Link

I'm really looking forward to seeing Zander coming to IU. Everything about him impresses me. He is a proven winner. He encourages other recruits to come. He seems to have an attitude with regard to the 2 star rating which he feels is because of his size. Hope this young man brings that "nasty swagger" to Bloomington next year. Do we know if he has gotten his academics taken care of so that he can enroll 2nd semester? I thought I rea something about him hoping to get himself enrolled so he could participate in the spring.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Zander coming to IU. Everything about him impresses me. He is a proven winner. He encourages other recruits to come. He seems to have an attitude with regard to the 2 star rating which he feels is because of his size. Hope this young man brings that "nasty swagger" to Bloomington next year. Do we know if he has gotten his academics taken care of so that he can enroll 2nd semester? I thought I rea something about him hoping to get himself enrolled so he could participate in the spring.

There was some conversation on that I believe I remember reading something where he might try to graduate in December so that he can start in the spring.

Zander Diamont ‏@zanderdiamont2h
Just been selected as Souther California High School Jewish Athlete Of The Year by the Jewish Sports Hall Of Fame!!!!! Honored...shalom!

This reminded me of a story from when I went to IU.  I was getting something to eat at the IMU near Easter, and the cashier told the guy behind me happy Easter and he told her "thanks, even though I'm Jewish".

Zander Diamont ‏@zanderdiamont 8h
#IUFB I need your help! Please vote for my team to be the #1 seed in the playoffs this season!! 

Venice - 172 votes - 69%
Crenshaw - 44 votes - 18%
Narbonne - 34 votes - 14%

AD running away with this vote.