Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Illinois fans are already a pretty suicidal bunch. What many forget is that the same day Alexander did the hat thing, their top committed recruit dropped them for Louisville. 

Well right now they believe that Wilkes is theirs while IU has no shot and most are hoping he trolls IU somehow according to their Message Boards. Definitely a delusional bunch.

Edit: I think he's headed to UCLA sadly.

This Wilkes saga however it turns out, is really doing a number on my digestive system! I wanna say that I still have belief that he ends up here, but each day that goes by without an announcement keeps me shaking my head. There is so many why or why nots that it is difficult to understand what needs to be done to get these in state kids to stay at home. I can't put this on CTC. He has gone out of his way to get this kid on board. We've shown that we can develop and get you in the NBA, run an offense that is a fun style to play, and beneficial to that goal. I will say one thing though. If his decision is not IU, I will have a hard time with the way he has played all of this out on social media along with the continued visits to Bloomington kinda leading on the fan base. I don't care if he is only 17 yrs old. Would show a total lack of class and maturity and I would hope that his family would have directed him not to go that route. Just saying!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BtownBanners mobile app

This Wilkes saga however it turns out, is really doing a number on my digestive system! I wanna say that I still have belief that he ends up here, but each day that goes by without an announcement keeps me shaking my head. There is so many why or why nots that it is difficult to understand what needs to be done to get these in state kids to stay at home. I can't put this on CTC. He has gone out of his way to get this kid on board. We've shown that we can develop and get you in the NBA, run an offense that is a fun style to play, and beneficial to that goal. I will say one thing though. If his decision is not IU, I will have a hard time with the way he has played all of this out on social media along with the continued visits to Bloomington kinda leading on the fan base. I don't care if he is only 17 yrs old. Would show a total lack of class and maturity and I would hope that his family would have directed him not to go that route. Just saying!

Well, he didn't go to Hoosier Hysteria this year. There's that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Maybe he really likes IU and UCLA and can check us out more because we are close so he is smart and checks it out. In the end he may have spent a lot of time here but decides during the last week/days to go to UCLA. That is not stringing us along and is probably what is going on.

11 hours ago, bhaggard89 said:

Guys. What if he goes to Illinois???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Then it's safe to say he's comfortable with the idea of not getting drafted, not improving his game, not going to the NCAA tournament, living in a less than spectacular city and subpar college town, and losing to IU twice a year by 30+ points.

If that's your idea of fun, then hey, more power to ya.

My guess is announcement comes before this time next week. But definitely before early signing day.

Long story short, we will know soon.

Preston is at USC this weekend I believe. He is rumored to want to sign early too.

If we can just get one of these guys. My perception is Preston will be a bigger instant impact maker because of his size, rebounding and versatility. Wilkes is certainly no consolation prize.

I don't think we are in the running to get both. Our odds of getting neither far outweigh our odds of getting both.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners