Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

BtownBanners Meet and Greet

Hey everyone, this is a great thread to get to know everyone, and see their Hoosier Pride. Here we go:

Meaning behind username

Approximate Age and Location

Are you a born and raised IU fan?

When you first knew you were an IU fan?

What sports did you play in High School and College?

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?

Did you attend IU?

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?

What is your favorite IU Football memory?

Who is your favorite IU Football player?

Best IU Sports game ever attended?

(Deleted this question because people are spying on here, and, yeah lol!)

Meaning behind username: Jaybob is a nickname I got in high school baseball? Added Hoosier with it to make it more Indiana

Approximate Age and Location   -    26 and the St. Louis area

Are you a born and raised IU fan?    -    I am a born and raised IU fan. The whole family cheers IU.

When you first knew you were an IU fan?    -    Probably watching the IU vs Duke game in 2002. I was a fan before, but became a fanatic since that game.

What sports did you play in High School and College?    -   Baseball, Basketball, Golf, and Cross Country / Baseball in college

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?    -   St. Louis Cardinals, Indy Colts, and St. Louis Blues

Did you attend IU?    -   Unfortunately no

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?     -      Tough one, but probably beating KenSucky two years ago.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?    -     Tom Coverdell (it's a red head thing)

What is your favorite IU Football memory?    -     Beating Purdue to go to a bowl game in memory of Coach Yep. Close is this years Navy game because it was my first IU football game

Who is your favorite IU Football player?    -     Kind of tough because I'm a new IU football fan.... James Hardy I guess haha

Best IU Sports game ever attended?    -    IU vs Michigan 3 seasons ago on New Years Eve. IU won a very close game.

What brings you to this board?    -     To make this the best four possible as you Admin, and I love talking anything IU plus more.

Hey everyone, this is a great thread to get to know everyone, and see their Hoosier Pride. Here we go:

Meaning behind username  Initials and if you can't get the rest then you probably go to UK.

Approximate Age and Location  27 and about an hour from Evansville

Are you a born and raised IU fan?  Yes

When you first knew you were an IU fan?  I just always knew

What sports did you play in High School and College?  HS:  football, track, and we had a weight lifting team

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?  New York Yankees

Did you attend IU?  Yes, but don't have my degree from there unfortunately

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?  2002 run, but beating pUKe is near the top

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  Bailey or Fife, Hulls and Vic are up there

What is your favorite IU Football memory?  We beat MSU and Iowa in the same year when I was a student

Who is your favorite IU Football player?  Never really had one

Best IU Sports game ever attended?  Haven't been to many, we ran all over pUKe in football when I was a student so that was fun

What brings you to this board?  You had a member message me on 247

Meaning behind username - Name and birthdate

Approximate Age and Location - 22 and Monticello, IN (Originally from Terre Haute, IN)

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - SINCE DAY 1 BABY!!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? When my first shirt and basketball were IU

What sports did you play in High School and College? Football/Basketball in HS and Basketball in College

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Colts, Pacers, St. Louis Cardinals

Did you attend IU?  Wish I would've but no

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? WATSHOT

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  AJ Guyton

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - All the games I've attended

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Antwaan Randle El

Best IU Sports game ever attended? IUBB vs Ohio St 12/31/11

What brings you to this board? The opportunity to make an impact on HOOSIER NATION

Meaning behind username - Character I created in a superhero fantasy novel

Approximate Age and Location - 63, Atlanta, GA, native Hoosier

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - As long as I can remember

When you first knew you were an IU fan? When I enrolled at IU, that sealed it

What sports did you play in High School and College? Only intramural basketball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Atlanta Braves

Did you attend IU?  Yep

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Watching Joe Cooke put on a show first time I attended a game

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  So many...I guess I'd go with Calbert Cheyney

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Going to IU-Auburn game at the Peach Bowl

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - John Isenbarger (Punt, John, Punt)

Best IU Sports game ever attended? IU 94, Notre Dame 29 (take that, Adrian Dantley!)

What brings you to this board? A chance to get in touch with IU hoops. Those opportunities are limited in an area dominated by SEC football. In fact, the sports talk radio shows spend most of their time on college football regardless of the time of year.

Meaning behind username Loved CC's work ethic and i got a little RMK in me. 

Approximate Age and Location 40.98324 - Bremen,IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Yes,Plymouth,IN

When you first knew you were an IU fan? Loved them candy stripes when i was a kid. Old man was a PU fan and we never missed a game. My oldest sister went to IU for a couple years in the early '80's. I went to RMK camp in '88.

What sports did you play in High School and College? Football,Wrestling,Baseball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Dallas Cowboys(cough)

Did you attend IU? No,USN after HS.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Smart Shot

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? CC

What is your favorite IU Football memory? '67 Rose Bowl

Who is your favorite IU Football player? AT

Best IU Sports game ever attended? Caught a game in Indy back in the '87 NCAAT

What brings you to this board? Love the setup, #1 on the net and has my endorsement.

Meaning behind username I like the IU Hoosiers... Old sports # was 41.

Approximate Age and Location 26.99999 (27 on Monday, Indianapolis, IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? You betcha

When you first knew you were an IU fan? Started watching IU with my dad at an early age. Fell in love from the beginning. 2002 was probably my best Indiana memory and favorite team to date.

What sports did you play in High School and College? Football, Basketball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Colts, Pacers, Chelsea

Did you attend IU? 2005-2009... Best damn years of my life.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? AJ Moye block on Boozer in '02, Entire '02 run for that matter. The WatShot was pretty damn incredible too. Haven't experienced an atmosphere or after game environment like that in my life. It was nuts.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? Tough one... Calbert, Guyton, Moye, but I'd probably have to go with Oladipo. LOVED watching him play every game.

What is your favorite IU Football memory? '07 Bucket game and Trip to Insight Bowl. Went out there with the family and it was a blast. We got smeared, but it didnt' even matter.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Antwaan Randel El. It's not even close.

Best IU Sports game ever attended? I'll never forget IU vs Duke in 2005. To this date I've still never heard a building that loud when Marco broke away and dunked it for the lead.

What brings you to this board? I started BtownBanners 4 years ago on Blogger... You could say I'm somewhat emotionally invested in the success of this place :)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Meaning behind username - In February of 2013 I started an Indiana blog called All Hoosiers. It was on and off fun before I came to BtownBanners.

Age and location - 17 in November and south central Kentucky

Born and raised an IU fan since day 1

First knew I was an IU fan during Mo Creek's beautiful performance against UK. Super fanatic since then.

Play high school tennis

Besides IU, love St. Louis Cardinals, Indiana Pacers, and Indianapolis Colts

Hopefully will attend IU in the fall of 2015

Favorite IUBB memory was the WatShot. Incredible feeling, especially living in Kentucky

Jordy Hulls is my favorite IU player. I wasn't alive for many greats, and Hulls was the type of player I wanted to be

Favorite IU football memory was watching them beat WKU (hometown college)

Favorite IU football player: Not much to choose from, but I liked Kellen Lewis

Went to my first IUBB game last year. One of the greatest experiences ever.

Been with the BtownBanner boards since day one

Did you attend IU? 2005-2009... Best damn years of my life.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We started at IU the same year.  I was there from 2005-2007 but left due to family problems.  Never had the chance to go back, and I regret it to this day.

Meaning behind username Exactly what it says.

Approximate Age and Location 39, Salem, IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Yep!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? AT's freshmen yardage record

What sports did you play in High School and College? None

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Colts, Cubs

Did you attend IU? No

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Smart Shot/Wat Shot

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? Cheaney

What is your favorite IU Football memory? AT's freshman yardage winner/IU's first victory over Penn State

Who is your favorite IU Football player? AT/Studfeld

Best IU Sports game ever attended? IU/Navy game

What brings you to this board? Free beer and naked coeds.

We started at IU the same year. I was there from 2005-2007 but left due to family problems. Never had the chance to go back, and I regret it to this day.

Pretty sure our class and 4 year period was the worst in the history of IU.

I got the pleasure to see 4 Coaches in my 4 years. That normally isn't a recipe for success!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Meaning behind username: It's all in the name

Approximate Age and Location: 21, Btown

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Absolutely

When you first knew you were an IU fan? When my first phrase when I started talking was "Beat Purdue"

What sports did you play in High School and College? Soccer and Tennis

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Steelers, White Sox, Mavericks 

Did you attend IU? In my senior year

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Knocking off Duke in the tourny back in 02

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? DJ White

What is your favorite IU Football memory? When I have been in the press box, Indiana is now 5-0...

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Tim Bennett

Best IU Sports game ever attended? National Championship for soccer last year

What brings you to this board? Last spring, I'm pretty sure I was the only person besides IUHoosier41 producing content for this site