Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

IU Baseball, B1G tournament, May 21-26 @ Omaha

11 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Crazy the BTT is in BFE Omaha. Who tf is going to Omaha? 

They've had it there for the past seven years or so. Don't know if it's considered a permanent site by now or not. 

It's better than a few years back, when they had it at Target Field (where the Twins play). It was ridiculous having it at a big-league park. There was NOBODY there. 

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

They've had it there for the past seven years or so. Don't know if it's considered a permanent site by now or not. 

It's better than a few years back, when they had it at Target Field (where the Twins play). It was ridiculous having it at a big-league park. There was NOBODY there. 

Seems awful to have it in Omaha. Map shows that. 

Sucks knowing how good this year would have been if those three arms don't go down. 

We had 5 legit arms as it was. Just not enough after that. They would have given us 8. 

Not sure what happened to Kraft and Whiteaker this season... 

There were 2 games that Cernys early season struggles at SS cost us (huge).. 

I think the offense had too much pressure a lot of games. Losing Brock for a month sucked and Shep again. 

4 games late in the year the offense couldn't produce when we had excellent pitching. 

Being a coach myself--- I simply hope Mercer is reflective as a person and continues to grow. He's 38 years old. I know I am a better to a lot better coach than I was a decade ago. 

Jeezus -- just turned to the title game for a second to see a score. As soon as I do, Josh Caron hits another bomb. 

Guess we're not the only ones who can't get him out. 

BTW -- it's 1-1 in the 7th. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Jeezus -- just turned to the title game for a second to see a score. As soon as I do, Josh Caron hits another bomb. 

Guess we're not the only ones who can't get him out. 

BTW -- it's 1-1 in the 7th. 

Guy had 9 home runs all season and then hits 6 in one week, in a park that doesn't give up home runs. 

Nebraska went on to win 2-1. 

52 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

FWIW--- there are multiple publications that has us in as of this morning. 

I'm not buying it. The fact only two stolen bids occurred, they may want a third Big Ten team as the no. 4 RPI conference, and Dolson being on the committee are the only things in IU's favor and gives them a fighting chance. Still not optimistic though.

D1 Baseball and Baseball America have them as the last or second to last team in.

Looking at who they left out, D1 baseball, has IU as second to last team in. Problem is their first team out in Georgia Tech is an ACC squad with same record and a few spots higher in RPI. I would be stunned if committee  puts them in over the Yellow Jackets and the last team in Florida is not getting bumped with a top-30 RPI in the SEC. Who IU needs to beat for that last spot in my mind is Charleston who is paper-tiger Mid Major with a 42 RPI and 112 SOS. It should be noted they have Coastal in as well as in last four who IU beat. However, a top 40 RPI and high strength of schedule isn't bumping them out.

Baseball America has Georgia Tech in and IU as very last team in at the expense of Kansas St and Charleston. I don't know how they leave the Wildcats out with a top-45 RPI in the number three conference (D1 has them safely in) meaning that is Indiana's spot. Also Charleston is out. 

Basically it is IU or Charleston maybe for the last spot and that assumes no one higher in the RPI is taken who the projections have way out such as Georgia Southern.

Softball was in same position and squeaked in but my gut was they would be in last four in. My gut here is first four out but hope I am wrong.  

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I'm not buying it. The fact only two stolen bids occurred, they may want a third Big Ten team as the no. 4 RPI conference, and Dolson being on the committee are the only things in IU's favor and gives them a fighting chance. Still not optimistic though.

D1 Baseball and Baseball America have them as the last or second to last team in.

Looking at who they left out, D1 baseball, has IU as second to last team in. Problem is their first team out in Georgia Tech is an ACC squad with same record and a few spots higher in RPI. I would be stunned if committee  puts them in over the Yellow Jackets and the last team in Florida is not getting bumped with a top-30 RPI in the SEC. Who IU needs to beat for that last spot in my mind is Charleston who is paper-tiger Mid Major with a 42 RPI and 112 SOS. It should be noted they have Coastal in as well as in last four who IU beat. However, a top 40 RPI and high strength of schedule isn't bumping them out.

Baseball America has Georgia Tech in and IU as very last team in at the expense of Kansas St and Charleston. I don't know how they leave the Wildcats out with a top-45 RPI in the number three conference (D1 has them safely in) meaning that is Indiana's spot. Also Charleston is out. 

Basically it is IU or Charleston maybe for the last spot and that assumes no one higher in the RPI is taken who the projections have way out such as Georgia Southern.

Softball was in same position and squeaked in but my gut was they would be in last four in. My gut here is first four out but hope I am wrong.  

They're clearly looking at KPI..  

#3 team in the 4th best conference is hard to deny 

Plus our wins-- @coastal @Nebraska @maryland 2x, INST --- and a whole slew of others are better than College of Charlestons. 

Non SOS is 110 spots lower than ours

SOS overall is 90 spots lower