Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’ve got a really nice story for you all:

I just had a Bloomington college frat reunion weekend. A bunch of guys in their 50’s reminiscing. A truly perfect end to the weekend?

Five of us walking down the stairs of the Union after brunch at the Tudor Room at 11:15 this morning.

Waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs in the Union Hotel lobby? Woody and Walsh with Kaanan Carlyle and his mom. We chatted up Carlyle for two or three minutes and congratulated him—shook his hand and welcomed him to the family. He’s got a really easy smile and nice way about him. Looked us all in the eye and had that “Indiana is different” happy look.

Handshakes with Woody: “love you Coach-great month we’re having.” Woody handshake back- “appreciate it guys.” Talked with him for a minute or two. Trailing behind us was Ya, Kenya, and a very wide awake and engaged Armond Hill.

Great stuff.

That’s better than average. Question: Is Carlyle a legit 6’3”? Curious because he and Rice are both listed 6’3” and yet in that picture from their visit Rice is clearly taller. So either Rice is 6’4” or Carlyle is 6’2”. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Carlyle is more or less a legit 6’3”. About the same height as Woody. I’m 6’0”” without shoes and he was noticeably taller than me.

PS; I stood next to Mackenzie Holmes, Chloe, and Garzon on the Little 500 concourse yesterday.

Felt like Chloe was a little shorter than me, Garzon was an inch or two taller than me, and Holmes is 100% legit 6’3”.

So Rice is 6’4”, so much the better. And I don’t know if it’s actually true, but’s it’s always seemed to me like girl’s measurements are almost always accurate while a decent percentage of boy’s are definitely exaggerated. 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

So Rice is 6’4”, so much the better. And I don’t know if it’s actually true, but’s it’s always seemed to me like girl’s measurements are almost always accurate while a decent percentage of boy’s are definitely exaggerated. 

Garzon and Holmes are both listed at 6’3” and standing next to them that is bullsh!t; Holmes is easy two inches taller.

43 minutes ago, Demo said:

When I was in HS we (boys team) always 1) measured in shoes and 2) surely rounded up from at least .5. So you can easily get an extra 1” or 1.5” from those two in concert, as I’m sure you know.

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

When I was in HS we (boys team) always 1) measured in shoes and 2) surely rounded up from at least .5. So you can easily get an extra 1” or 1.5” from those two in concert, as I’m sure you know.

It’s always a hoot where some of those end up. I’m 6’4” and the number of kids listed as 6’5”, because that’s the magic number for college wings, that I’ve looked down on has always made me laugh. Happened just a couple of weeks ago with VJ Edgecombe. Listed at 6’5” and I’m taller than he is. 

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I just had a Bloomington college frat reunion weekend. A bunch of guys in their 50’s reminiscing. A truly perfect end to the weekend?

Five of us walking down the stairs of the Union after brunch at the Tudor Room at 11:15 this morning.

Waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs in the Union Hotel lobby? Woody and Walsh with Kaanan Carlyle and his mom. We chatted up Carlyle for two or three minutes and congratulated him—shook his hand and welcomed him to the family. He’s got a really easy smile and nice way about him. Looked us all in the eye and had that “Indiana is different” happy look.

Handshakes with Woody: “love you Coach-great month we’re having.” Woody handshake back- “appreciate it guys.” Talked with him for a minute or two. Trailing behind us was Ya, Kenya, and a very wide awake and engaged Armond Hill.

Great stuff.

All good thanks for sharing that Stuhoo.

That last line I don’t know if everybody got that but what a smile to my face:)!

20 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Great stuff.

I was totally sucked in until you said Armond Hill was wide awake. Just too unbelievable, Stu :D

11 hours ago, colonel06 said:

All good thanks for sharing that Stuhoo.

That last line I don’t know if everybody got that but what a smile to my face:)!

It's really true!

After we saw Carlyle, Woody, and Walsh, we walk out of the revolving doors at the entrance to the Biddle lobby and Ya, Armond, and Kenya are coming in yukking it up big time. Armond was leading the good vibes session.