Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 B1G Women's Basketball Tournament

We hit a 3 to begin the second half and hit a 3 to end it. The rest of the half, Michigan outscored us 48-15. How do you go from handcuffing a team like we did to getting beat like that? 

I almost think we shoulda played the whole way without Mack. 

By the time we put her in, it was too late -- the tide had turned and we weren't gonna reverse it.

She wasn't warmed up and wasn't sharp. We built a 17-point lead without her. We should've been able to finish this without her. 

Closest loss this year was at Ohio State by 5.  The other losses were decisive.  IU inconsistent in away games and high energy from home crowds.

Michigan adjusted in this one.  

T.Moren regardless what she said did not have intentions to play Holmes.  I think Holmes wanted to go in so she allowed her to play.  

In reality let Michigan worry about Iowa.

IU Ladies had a very good regular season.

Next season 3 is March Madness.  Maybe, there’s a win or two in the tournament.

And for next year transfer portal help is needed.  And a couple 5 star high school recruits needed thereafter.

Recently, Holmes, Patberg, Berger, Parrish, all 5 stars out of high school.  

Watched last night, but was about 30 minutes behind y'all and didn't want to have the game spoiled.  Soon after they put Mac in I looked at the final score.  Couldn't believe they blew that lead.  Big Tournament is a depressing time for Hoosier Fans.  

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I almost think we shoulda played the whole way without Mack. 

By the time we put her in, it was too late -- the tide had turned and we weren't gonna reverse it.

She wasn't warmed up and wasn't sharp. We built a 17-point lead without her. We should've been able to finish this without her. 

If she was going to play at all, it needed to be early. Putting her in when we did felt like a panic move. We win this game easily if she's healthy. 

Virginia Tech going through its own situation with Kitley…tough times for both, Holmes and Kitley and respective teams.  (V.T. is leaving things a little bit in gray area with Kitley trying to get best seed in tournament position possible).  (IU and all teams do the same regarding injury situations).

Holmes going in was more of a torn decision to make an appearance in her last big ten tournament.

Talia Goodman -

While #iuwbb is still projected as a four-seed (likely the 15 or 16), there are four teams (5-seeds or 6-seeds) still competing in their conference tournaments that could theoretically pass the Hoosiers. West Virginia and Kansas State face off tonight at 9 pm. K-State is projected to be a 5-seed as of now, but with another win, could very well move up to a 4-seed. West Virginia would likely have to win the tournament to pass IU — and even then, probably wouldn’t. Baylor faces Iowa State today at 12pm. Baylor is projected as a 5-seed and with a win in the quarterfinals and the semifinals, they’d likely reach a 4-seed. Creighton starts their tournament play today as a 6-seed. Extremely unlikely they’d pass IU, but if they face (and beat) UConn, winning the tournament, it’s possible. Just my thought process/opinions here. We’ll see what happens today.

Let's hope Iowa State, TCU and WVU give us some help today.

Kansas St. won so it is going to be really close if IU is last four seed or first five seed. Nearly identical resumes if Wildcats lose to Texas in next round (if they beat Longhorns its over and they take IU's host spot unless Gonzaga or Oklahoma drop).

Resumes are so close it is scary:

https://www.warrennolan.com/basketballw/2024/team-net-sheet?team=Kansas

https://www.warrennolan.com/basketballw/2024/team-net-sheet?team=Indiana

No matter what though, after watching almost all the four and five seeds, there is zero doubt in my mind KSU is the team IU wants in their pod whether in Bloomington or Manhattan over anyone else for best chance to get to Sweet 16. As long as Holmes is healthy enough to bang with their big Lee in the post (she reminds me of Czinano in build), these two squads are nearly clones of each other in their style. Neither is overly athletic (besides Lee inside) or strong on the boards and both employ a post player surrounded by four shooters.

Baylor is presses a ton and is really athletic, and Notre Dame and Oklahoma are a bit more talented and athletic with guards who drive.

Give me Wildcats in either team's home over anything else. I am convinced now that is what Hoosiers need. Better off going to Manhattan than hosting Irish, Bears, or Sooners.