Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Saturday, 02.24.24 @ Noon on BTN

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No big surprise -- X listed as out on the availability report.  Reportedly he's still not involved in any contact drills in practice so don't hold your breath for his return.

I’m guessing he’ll be back in a limited role Senior night. Then again with the loss season does he really want to play again.. 6th year senior and multiple injuries probably doesn’t risk an injury for when he attempts to go across seas to play pro ball. Also Woodson needs to have that built in excuse so no reason to rush back… On the other hand… Our guards better be ready for the press

It just seems like Ware has been a mismatch problem when he and Trey does the pick and roll.  Since we are forced to play inside because we can’t shoot the 3,  would rather feature that than passing it down to Reneau and watch him make poor decisions and turn the ball over.  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It just seems like Ware has been a mismatch problem when he and Trey does the pick and roll.  Since we are forced to play inside because we can’t shoot the 3,  would rather feature that than passing it down to Reneau and watch him make poor decisions and turn the ball over.  Thoughts?

Agree. Not interested in getting into another one of “those” Woody convos, but I’m really surprised he doesn’t spam PnR with those two more than he does. He basically beat Purdue twice doing just that last year. The two pieces he used were better obviously, but Trey and Ware are plenty good enough and it’s certainly better than whatever else we’re doing on that end. 

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I'm thinking...

How much time do I get?

I cannot be apathetic about and IU basketball game.  Depressed.  Yes.  Mad as hell.  No, not any of that.  More like uh..dissapointed.  

Woody is gone at the end of the season.  Probably.  But, what do I know?

Is it the end of the season, yet?  Some think so.

The one thing that I cannot understand is:  How the heck can PSU be favored in this game by only a few points?

We will keep the turnovers below 10.  IU will hit over 73% of our free throws.  IU will make 5 of our 12 3 point shots.  Cupps will not make one mistake the whole game.  Reneau gets 12 points and does not foul out.  Mgbako scores at will and plays decent defense.     All of that happens.  Just not this season.  And for some, not at IU.

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Agree. Not interested in getting into another one of “those” Woody convos, but I’m really surprised he doesn’t spam PnR with those two more than he does. He basically beat Purdue twice doing just that last year. The two pieces he used were better obviously, but Trey and Ware are plenty good enough and it’s certainly better than whatever else we’re doing on that end. 

Exactly!  When we do that, we have multiple ways score.  Trey could option the runner, get to the basket, lob to Ware or kick out for an open shot. It definitely gets the opposing teams defense moving and Ware has done a pretty good job lately setting the pick and it has freed Trey to get downhill.  I would like to see it ran at least 50% or more until a team proves they can stop it. I don’t know what the percentage scoring is but it seems like we score a lot out of it.

19 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I'm thinking...

How much time do I get?

I cannot be apathetic about and IU basketball game.  Depressed.  Yes.  Mad as hell.  No, not any of that.  More like uh..dissapointed.  

Woody is gone at the end of the season.  Probably.  But, what do I know?

Is it the end of the season, yet?  Some think so.

The one thing that I cannot understand is:  How the heck can PSU be favored in this game by only a few points?

We will keep the turnovers below 10.  IU will hit over 73% of our free throws.  IU will make 5 of our 12 3 point shots.  Cupps will not make one mistake the whole game.  Reneau gets 12 points and does not foul out.  Mgbako scores at will and plays decent defense.     All of that happens.  Just not this season.  And for some, not at IU.

Sounds like wishful thinking and a perfect game, which we have not seen at all this year 

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely FWIW

It’s easy to be mad about everything right now, but someone please explain to me why anyone would ever practice shooting from where Jakai is.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It’s easy to be mad about everything right now, but someone please explain to me why anyone would ever practice shooting from where Jakai is.

Cuz he can't fully use his legs, otherwise he'd have the umph to shoot 12-18 inches back. 

I don't know | Emoticons emojis, Funny emoji, Funny emoji faces

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Both feet on the line, exactly where Woodson wants everyone shooting it. 

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

He's also.....not left handed. Deep 2's with your non-shooting hand.

As someone that no longer follows recruiting, I honestly just assumed we landed another dude with a horrific jumper. Didn’t even register. 

Didn’t help that Rabby labels whatever he’s doing as “pregame warmups”.

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It's Indiana. It's Indiana.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

As someone that no longer follows recruiting, I honestly just assumed we landed another dude with a horrific jumper. Didn’t even register. 

Didn’t help that Rabby labels whatever he’s doing as “pregame warmups”.

I had to google his highlights to make sure I was correct. I'm not knocking the kid, but this just feel like a microcosm of this season.