Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

With NIL, why would Caitlyn Clark not play two more years at Iowa?  Last season, the average salary of the first four picks in the WNBA draft made $72,000.  The most anyone made was $228,000.  I know that in the women's game NIL is much, much less but it's hard to imagine that if Clark came back next year that she couldn't pull in more than $72,000.

24 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

With NIL, why would Caitlyn Clark not play two more years at Iowa?  Last season, the average salary of the first four picks in the WNBA draft made $72,000.  The most anyone made was $228,000.  I know that in the women's game NIL is much, much less but it's hard to imagine that if Clark came back next year that she couldn't pull in more than $72,000.

Million+ 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Man, it really is Iowa's year. Clark forced to launch one from about 40 feet, it smacks off the backboard and goes right to a Hawkeye, forcing South Carolina to foul. 

Caitlin didn't shoot that. Caitlin passed that. Caitlin wouldn't miss a shot like that without a perfectly good reason! 

Admittedly this is the first time I've seen South Carolina play, but if this normal I don't see how they could have been 36-0.  The only redeeming thing I've seen for them is they're big.  Clark is very, very good but every time she dries SC's interior players provide no help and just watch her burn Beal.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Caitlin didn't shoot that. Caitlin passed that. Caitlin wouldn't miss a shot like that without a perfectly good reason! 

There was actually like 4 seconds left on the shot clock at the time.  She's taken a couple of bad threes but SC can't shoot a lick.  

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

South Carolina can't keep it away from Clark, and she ain't missing from the line. 

And the Gamecocks can't shoot for sh-t -- so this one's over. 

Cooke has 24 points.  The rest of the SC starters have 11 points and 3 for 24 from the field.

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Other than FTs, I cannot imagine South Carolina made more than 5-6 shots from outside 2 feet. 

Their shooting was absolutely abysmal. 

Clark is phenomenal -- but goddamn, I cannot stand her. 

Raven Johnson was basically it.....3/6 from three.  And she averaged 2 ppg and was shooting 21% from three all year.  Either Iowa scouted them really well or SC just pissed down their leg shooting wide open threes.  They weren't tough shots.

As hard as it is for IU fans to admit, Clark deserves every bit of hype she gets after tonight and it makes me feel dirty to say that but credit where it is due.

This reminds me of 2015 when Wisconsin knocked off the seemingly indestructible undefeated UK team only to choke in the championship. Can Iowa become the first Big Ten team men or women to hang a banner since MSU in 2000? A Big Ten team has won a title once with PU in 99 on women's side.