Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

B1G Inks Lucrative New TV Deal w/ CBS, FOX, & NBC

Just now, btownqb said:

Paying for Peacock doesnt bother me. Paying $10 a month for a shitty BTN+ service that uses 20 year olds as commentators and one camera angle.... pisses me off. 

I 100% agree.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Paying for Peacock doesnt bother me. Paying $10 a month for a shitty BTN+ service that uses 20 year olds as commentators and one camera angle.... pisses me off. 

Absolutely. Its cool to let kids actually learn while doing at school, but adding it onto being an existing cable subscriber while ACC/SEC games are available on ESPN+ at the same price along with thousands of other options for that subscription is preposterous.

I don’t have Peacock currently, but I’ll be happy to subscribe when I need to. It’s got a TON of content on it from big movies and TV shows to Indycar, major golf, EPL, and all WWE PPVs. Add B1G sports to that and it’s a big fat hell yes from me.

Never have and never will subscribe to B1G+. I’d get more value by just setting a crisp Alexander Hamilton on fire in my backyard on the 1st of every month. 

Peacock is month to month, just like BTN--. You can cancel at any time. I suspect their coverage of B1G games will be light years ahead of BTN--

And as noted above, there is some decent content on it.

41 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I don’t have Peacock currently, but I’ll be happy to subscribe when I need to. It’s got a TON of content on it from big movies and TV shows to Indycar, major golf, EPL, and all WWE PPVs. Add B1G sports to that and it’s a big fat hell yes from me.

Never have and never will subscribe to B1G+. I’d get more value by just setting a crisp Alexander Hamilton on fire in my backyard on the 1st of every month. 

IU Baseball is the absolute only reason I do. 

I think the NBC part of the deal is going to be fantastic. Their NFL and Notre Dame coverage has been top notch. From The Athletic:
"Bevacqua said NBC will have a dedicated Big Ten football broadcast and production team, and that will include a pregame show. He said his group is currently discussing talent possibilities but it’s way too early for any names. One thing NBC people are very excited about — there will be Saturdays where Notre Dame leads into a Big Ten primetime game which leads into “Saturday Night Live.” That’s a lot of name brands."
They'll have B1G basketball too obviously, which will be their first big time basketball in what I would guess is a really long time.
SNL has run its course

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Anybody have the institutional knowledge of how this money is managed? Does the B1G get it, take its cut for "operations" and then send the money to the universities? Or the universities athletic department? I know that it stays within the athletic program, but what would we (IU) use this for? Facility upgrades? Just seems like a crap ton of money (not to mention ticket sales, sponsorships, etc.).

That much money they can lower ticket prices

Big Ten has a long way to go in streaming sports that aren't football and basketball. That is what I am not interested in seeing. Also... dump Sunday basketball. Play the games on Saturdays. Sundays are for football until the 2nd weekend in Feb. 
Since I don't watch football, I'm fine with basketball on Sundays. I'm also hoping T&F meets are streamed/Aired more.

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

That is true but you may still very well have to subscribe to BTN+ for the one basketball game a year as well as other IU sports.

BTN+ is not going away. You will just have to subscribe to cable and BTN+ for one game, but now Peacock will be needed in addition. Don't kid yourself. You will still be paying exactly what you are now except you can add $5 a month for Peacock. Its not a big deal but to all the people who think Peacock will replace BTN+ that is not the case. It is something you will need to buy in addition.  

21 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Absolutely. Its cool to let kids actually learn while doing at school, but adding it onto being an existing cable subscriber while ACC/SEC games are available on ESPN+ at the same price along with thousands of other options for that subscription is preposterous.

Agreed but you will still need BTN+ now. You will just need to buy Peacock in addition to it all. Stop kidding yourself.

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

IU Baseball is the absolute only reason I do. 

And that will remain on BTN+.  Only difference is you will need to buy Peacock in addition to what you have now to watch men's and women's basketball.  

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

That is true but you may still very well have to subscribe to BTN+ for the one basketball game a year as well as other IU sports.

BTN+ is not going away. You will just have to subscribe to cable and BTN+ for one game, but now Peacock will be needed in addition. Don't kid yourself. You will still be paying exactly what you are now except you can add $5 a month for Peacock. Its not a big deal but to all the people who think Peacock will replace BTN+ that is not the case. It is something you will need to buy in addition.  

I agree. I have no issue paying for btn+ until the end of time.. I figured it up, I pay $1 a game in the spring to watch iubase. I'm simply speaking about the quality of BTN+ vs ESPN+ in regards to paying $5 a month for peacock. Which, right now, my Peacock is free. 

I won't be paying $10 to watch us play Grand Canyon in MBB though, if that's on BTN+. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

And that will remain on BTN+.  Only difference is you will need to buy Peacock in addition to what you have now to watch men's and women's basketball.  

Yes, I know.  I knew that the whole time. The issue is the quality. 

19 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

SNL has run its course

To me SNL now is a bunch of celebrities and doesn't really have any good skits not even their political skits are good anymore. They don't have a Will Ferrell, a Chris Farley, or for that matter a Phil Hartman that could produce exceptional skits.

To me SNL now is a bunch of celebrities and doesn't really have any good skits not even their political skits are good anymore. They don't have a Will Ferrell, a Chris Farley, or for that matter a Phil Hartman that could produce exceptional skits.
Or the original not ready for Primetime players or Eddie Murphy or Dana Carvey