Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

B1G Inks Lucrative New TV Deal w/ CBS, FOX, & NBC

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They'll figure out how crappy SNL is when they get 1 million+ viewers for an Ohio State game and 300k for SNL. 

SNL averages north of 3 million a week though lol. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

At first glance that is no bueno. BUT if the production value is much higher than that of FS1 or BTN, it may be a good thing down the road. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

At first glance that is no bueno. BUT if the production value is much higher than that of FS1 or BTN, it may be a good thing down the road. 

Could just be early season cupcake games. I'd be curious to see how many games were on BTN+ in the past compared to this 20%.

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Could just be early season cupcake games. I'd be curious to see how many games were on BTN+ in the past compared to this 20%.

There are 140 big ten games each year, and then with nonconference its approximately 294 (if each team plays 11) games total for the year. Not counting the exhibitions there were 36 BTN+ games last year. So around 12% each year I would guess

EDIT: This also doesn't include the Big Tournament which makes the % lower. 

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Will be fine if they dump the B1G+ games. Otherwise, to see the full season I'll need to chip in more than in previous years.

I have already said many times on here I am fairly confident BTN+ is not going away. You will need everything you have now and Peacock as well.

9 hours ago, Aaron said:

I have already said many times on here I am fairly confident BTN+ is not going away. You will need everything you have now and Peacock as well.

Yeah there’s no way the big ten doesn’t put a few games for every team on BTN+   Defeats the whole purpose of having it.