Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Bloomington Hotels

5 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Thanks everyone. Looks like the La Quinta is at least under $400/night…not ideal but it may just be a one night trip. I could always forgo the hotel and go paratrooping instead.

Nutty. I just checked those prices out. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That is a GREAT idea. That place is older (worn carpet and furniture, but clean), very reasonable, and it books up early. And the location is incredible. Truly incredible. There's a rotating waiting list that you can get through if you're persistent.  

And as a bonus, it's close enough to Ellettsville to still have beers with Chris007!

Chris007 is in Ellettsville? We might be neighbors.

41 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Thanks everyone. Looks like the La Quinta is at least under $400/night…not ideal but it may just be a one night trip. I could always forgo the hotel and go paratrooping instead.

Dunn Meadow tent city , my friend.

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hotel prices are becoming outrageous in general, Bloomington hotel prices are becoming preposterous.  

In general? I’m not seeing it—we’re staying in downtown Chicago in the heart of the matter this summer for $165/night.

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In general? I’m not seeing it—we’re staying in downtown Chicago in the heart of the matter this summer for $165/night.

Somewhat upscale hotel booked today for next weekend at $190 in the Finance District. Not mad at all.

9 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I’m planning a trip for this fall, likely the Maryland game on Oct 15th. This may be homecoming, but I haven’t seen anything officially announced yet. Am I losing my mind or are hotel prices in Bloomington insane right now? $700+ a night are the rates I’m seeing that weekend.

Pretty sure Homecoming is the 8th (there’s a Homecoming Blood Drive on the 4th)- not 100% but…