Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8bucks

Possible move to Florida

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Oh now you were laughing at me while you posted that weren’t you? Good thing I know the trick. Stuhoo said all I had to do was poke it in the eye and it would leave. So if he shows up on my porch I will calmly reach down and give it the ol eye poke and be on my way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I forgot to ask—is your dog tasty? That could be a problem.

Hey Florida Friends.  We have been down here for a little over a year and it has been a great move.  Settled in north of Tampa but have a company down in Juno Beach area trying to encourage me to consider a position with them.  Any of you familiar with the area that can give me some suggestions?

Looks like the home prices are a little over Tampa pricing.  How are the airports there?  I like flying out of Tampa or the smaller St Pete airport - are there similar options down there?  We are not big night life people but when the kids come into town, I presume that area has similar things to do as in Tampa.  

Any suggestions, tips or ideas - I am all ears.

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Hey Florida Friends.  We have been down here for a little over a year and it has been a great move.  Settled in north of Tampa but have a company down in Juno Beach area trying to encourage me to consider a position with them.  Any of you familiar with the area that can give me some suggestions?

Looks like the home prices are a little over Tampa pricing.  How are the airports there?  I like flying out of Tampa or the smaller St Pete airport - are there similar options down there?  We are not big night life people but when the kids come into town, I presume that area has similar things to do as in Tampa.  

Any suggestions, tips or ideas - I am all ears.

Palm Beach County? That's home base for me.

West Palm Beach has a very user-friendly, full-service airport that's about 20 minutes away from Juno. Home prices have exploded, but if you are willing to commute down from Martin County they'd probably equal Tampa area prices. Much less population and things to do once you get past the county line though. The area is thriving economically - lots of northeasterners moved down during the pandemic and seem to be staying. Low unemployment and well-funded government services. Public schools are very good in Jupiter; hit and miss throughout the county. Culturally diverse; the Hispanic influence starts to wane as you go north of West Palm. Tons to do - downtown West Palm is great, weather/ocean/outdoors is great (except for during July-Sept, when it's abject misery). Florida man is a weird creature and is everywhere, so there's that.