Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Jackson State Game and Bardo Criticism Thread - 11/23/21

I hated everything about the Archie years, slow, boring, ugly basketball, lacked fight…
I see none of those right now and I am thrilled to see improvement in many key areas.
still driving me crazy we can’t hit our free throws, but that is my biggest gripe 

Turnovers would be a close second.

I do like the energy and playing hard that has caused a few of those turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hated everything about the Archie years, slow, boring, ugly basketball, lacked fight…
I see none of those right now and I am thrilled to see improvement in many key areas.
still driving me crazy we can’t hit our free throws, but that is my biggest gripe 

Yep style is better. Pace is better. I still think our pace needs to increase even more in a controlled fashion. Our ball movement needs big improvements. Our 2nd unit lacks flow/chemistry when all out there together. I really want Kopp to steady himself on the 3s he’s taking. He’s the only one I see hunting his shot. Don’t get me wrong, I want him shooting a lot but let’s get him taking shots where he is set.
Regardless of W/L our style and compete on D are improvements. I’m concerned about our rebounding as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Stuhoo said:

I’m all the way with you. I was on record as being a major Woodson supporter when he was first mentioned as a candidate.

My point? I will continue to be a major Woodson fan even after we lose a few, as long as we keep play our ***** off.

I hope others have the same mindset.

I have no issue if we loose a few.  We will.  But what I’ll be looking for are fixes.  Do we continue to do the same mistakes are do we improve week to week.  Did we loose because they had better talent or where we out coached, out hustled, out worked.   I see Woody building up a program that we can be proud of.  

13 hours ago, Southside said:

Yup. A close loss, or loss to a good team won't bother me much so long as we're growing/improving.

It's way early, new scheme, new players, etc.. And Woodson has yet to have a full recruiting cycle and get his guys in. 

I won't hit the panic button unless we end up with a losing record this year (very unlikely), or players start driving around campus in BMWs with blow, guns, and hookers. Two of those might be OK... lol

I’m good with the hookers.  Shows we have smart players who realize it’s cheaper to rent.  

7 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

I’m good with the hookers.  Shows we have smart players who realize it’s cheaper to rent.  

I'm good with hookers and guns, so long as the guns are legal and he has a carry permit. 

You think Woodson should have make IU create a class for the sports guys called Cheaper to Rent 101?

7 hours ago, ArchieNoMo said:

Did I miss it on here, or was it ever posted on why Duncomb was suspended?  If it’s 3 games then I get it but never heard.  

Hookers?