Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

48 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That’s my biggest fear.  We haven’t competed at all in any of these so called marquee matchups the last 2 years.  We need to change the narrative and the crowd needs to be the loudest ever, but students being out won’t help the loudness.  Having the crowd behind us is our only advantage but that will only carry us so far and I haven’t seen very much emotion and intensity from this team.

I thought I remembered us beating UNC and Xavier last year but maybe that was my imagination 

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I thought I remembered us beating UNC and Xavier last year but maybe that was my imagination 

True that!  How about I restate my comment saying we haven’t competed in 66.66667% of these marquee matchups 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

5:30 ET today on ESPNU.  La Lumiere vs Long Island Lutheran.

Haralson is apparently out tonight. Still a chance to watch Adams and Anthony.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think most of us would feel good with Haralson, Sisley, and Mullins right?

Find a big man somewhere out there.  Moreno. (If he decides against UK which I'm not counting on)  

These projections and hope NEVER work out so I guess getting 2 of them becomes more realistic. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

These projections and hope NEVER work out so I guess getting 2 of them becomes more realistic. 

Yeah we always psych ourselves out about the "dream class". Most of the time no point in even dreaming because it's not happening. 

However, 2 things make this group different. 

1: All in state. The momentum of one commitment could definitely carry over to another and proximity to home is important for most. 

2: Only Haralson is a top 25 kid. We have shown some struggle to string 5star kids in the same class. IU just isn't that program at this point. However, if we go all in on Haralson as THE guy in the class, I feel like we have a good shot. 

EDIT: not saying I think we do land all 3. I'm just saying as far as "dream class" goes, this one is actually achievable. 

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

Yeah we always psych ourselves out about the "dream class". Most of the time no point in even dreaming because it's not happening. 

However, 2 things make this group different. 

1: All in state. The momentum of one commitment could definitely carry over to another and proximity to home is important for most. 

2: Only Haralson is a top 25 kid. We have shown some struggle to string 5star kids in the same class. IU just isn't that program at this point. However, if we go all in on Haralson as THE guy in the class, I feel like we have a good shot. 

EDIT: not saying I think we do land all 3. I'm just saying as far as "dream class" goes, this one is actually achievable. 

I could see Haralson as the guy that WANTS to get out of state or something different.  Just has that kind of feel to me.  No real inside scoop here.  

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think most of us would feel good with Haralson, Sisley, and Mullins right?

Find a big man somewhere out there.  Moreno. (If he decides against UK which I'm not counting on)  

Unfortunately for the 2025 class, we may not have the stability to end up with those guys. If we were having Purdue's consistency I'd be a lot more confident about getting at least 2 of those.

We still might, but I'm just hoping our loss isn't PU's gain. That would be a gut punch.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Unfortunately for the 2025 class, we may not have the stability to end up with those guys. If we were having Purdue's consistency I'd be a lot more confident about getting at least 2 of those.

We still might, but I'm just hoping our loss isn't PU's gain. That would be a gut punch.

yep, It's an easy concern.  Not counting on flipping that anytime soon, although seeing Purdue without Edey will bring them back to Earth for sure.  He's a matchup Nightmare!

19 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I could see Haralson as the guy that WANTS to get out of state or something different.  Just has that kind of feel to me.  No real inside scoop here.  

I have a bad feeling that our current issues are going to snowball and this class is going to evaporate for us. Really want Sisley. Bad. But these guys honestly have much better and safer options than Woodson and IU. We are an absolute mess. Zero chance I would advise my son to go to IU right now. The style of play is awful. The fans are pissed. Mess.