Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2025 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

17 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think it only matters if you were getting nervous about Trilly's Leprechaun tweet. At least for now. 

What’s really interesting here for people with lives who don’t live and breathe this stuff like some of us is how starkly Haralson’s recruitment demonstrates just how insular a world high major recruiting really is. He obviously played with Sisley for a couple of years. Played last year with Koehler. Will end up playing 2 seasons at Lalu with Darius Adams who MSU is really pushing for. These kids all know each other at that level and they all know who they think can play. So much so that it really surprised me that Riebe didn’t already know Sisley or Mullins from 3SSB.

Rankest speculation imaginable, but there is a fair amount of banter that ‘25 5-star PF Niko Bundalo might be re-opening his recruitment. At Prolific Prep now but is originally from some little town in Ohio. IU was never in on him and from all indications he’s a little bit of a different kid and some schools got in and then got out. But athletic 6’10” stretch 4’s don’t grow on trees and given the program’s success with short, late recruitments, may be at least worth paying a little attention to. 

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Rankest speculation imaginable, but there is a fair amount of banter that ‘25 5-star PF Niko Bundalo might be re-opening his recruitment. At Prolific Prep now but is originally from some little town in Ohio. IU was never in on him and from all indications he’s a little bit of a different kid and some schools got in and then got out. But athletic 6’10” stretch 4’s don’t grow on trees and given the program’s success with short, late recruitments, may be at least worth paying a little attention to. 

"Different kid" in terms of attitude and demeanor? Or something else? 

9 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

"Different kid" in terms of attitude and demeanor? Or something else? 

Thankfully I’ve not read anything that just flat busts on a 17 year old, but the inference I sort of draw from some of the different things I’ve read is that he might have a pretty strong sense of entitlement. Self and Izzo were both in pretty hard on him and then bailed out. He had an MSU official scheduled that I believe was cancelled, though I might have that wrong. I read something from some UConn insider type that suggested he wanted to commit there and Hurley straight-armed him waiting for Reibe and Bundalo, or the family, may not have handled it well. No idea if any of that’s true, but it feels like you’d want to dig in a bit if you wanted to get in there.