Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Candidate Thread: Porter Moser

Awful lonely here on the Moser train.   I’m cool being solo.   More I’ve researched and listened to him in interviews I think he would do a good job.    Record isn’t impressive, oversell resume doesn’t stick out but something about him has gotten me excited to see what he could do at IU.   I got a good feeling about what he could accomplish at IU if he was to be the coach. 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Awful lonely here on the Moser train.   I’m cool being solo.   More I’ve researched and listened to him in interviews I think he would do a good job.    Record isn’t impressive, oversell resume doesn’t stick out but something about him has gotten me excited to see what he could do at IU.   I got a good feeling about what he could accomplish at IU if he was to be the coach. 

You are not solo. But if we’re gonna be Butch and Sundance, you gotta be the one doing the thinking.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If Creighton opens up probably won’t have to worry about Moser to IU 

I wondered about this too. Mostly because I thought if he doesn't go to IU not sure where he would go. Might be stuck at Loyola for another year as he seems like he will be pretty picky with his next gig (rightfully so)

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You honestly think he would have success in the B1G? With recruiting being what it is? He’d get eaten alive in the swamp.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Strong Chicago ties.   With his recent success might be easier to recruit players that would not go to Loyola but probably would to play in the B1G.   I honestly think he is a good coach.   As far as having success in the B1G who knows how any coach will be until they get here 

8 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I wondered about this too. Mostly because I thought if he doesn't go to IU not sure where he would go. Might be stuck at Loyola for another year as he seems like he will be pretty picky with his next gig (rightfully so)

Question then becomes if he went to Creighton would IU look at McDermott?

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

I don't see it. That would be a tough sell so quickly. MAYBE if it were a few years removed from the incident but what do I know

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’d really like them to, but can’t see it after the plantation thing. (Although I think that was an unfortunate mistake and not some deep-seeded racism thing)

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

You aren't alone at all.  

Guys who are dead set against him aren't watching how he beats people.   He just punished Illinois and his team put on a clinic doing it with inferior athletes.    He is doing this with an entirely new group than went to the Final Four; but somehow he wouldn't succeed here?   He does everything Brad Stevens does.    I think he'd be terrific.   He's a basketball coach.  Not just a recruiter.

11 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You aren't alone at all.  

Guys who are dead set against him aren't watching how he beats people.   He just punished Illinois and his team put on a clinic doing it with inferior athletes.    He is doing this with an entirely new group than went to the Final Four; but somehow he wouldn't succeed here?   He does everything Brad Stevens does.    I think he'd be terrific.   He's a basketball coach.  Not just a recruiter.

He actually went to Boston and talked with Stevens on how to maintain success after the first final 4 run.   I’m sure it’s online somewhere where he talked about it.  With any new coach no one will know for sure if they will ultimately succeed but I have no problem with him trying here at IU 

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I've been tootin' this horn hard the past few days, brother!