Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Another dumb question…Do we expect the main targets to enter the portal immediately? Is there any benefit to a high value transfer waiting for some dust to settle before announcing their intent?

29 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Another dumb question…Do we expect the main targets to enter the portal immediately? Is there any benefit to a high value transfer waiting for some dust to settle before announcing their intent?

Mostly depends upon when individual player's seasons end.  Those already jumping in are from teams who have no post-season opportunities.  Few more after conference tournaments end for same reason -- no additional games.  Bigger fish may not start to enter until conclusion of first week of NCAA's.

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

NBA draft withdrawl deadline isn't until June, correct?  

Will be quite a few guys in the NCAA important to their team and those teams will be going in to the portal not knowing who is coming back or not.

Entry deadline April 27th, withdrawal June 16th

7 hours ago, Demo said:

Yup. Seen way too much of it with Booker. Ware’s stay at Oregon had a couple of mitigating factors. His recruiting Asst left before he hit campus. Kid was 2,000 miles from home with no relationships at all, which I’m sure was tough for a kid as reserved as he is. He didn’t connect with Altman in any way. It just didn’t work. My concern with Booker is I just don’t think he likes basketball. My concerns with Ware, and I’ve never been happier to be wrong about a kid in my life, didn’t include that.

I remember when he was in HS there was some article and it seemed to go on and on about other things he liked that weren't related to BB. Not a bad thing to have other interests but I don't recall seeing any similar article about other 5* players. Even before that article, I saw posts on message boards questioning his commitment to an love of basketball.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

It’s funny because it’s true.

I seriously think that they have someone on staff whose job it is to automatically contacts everyone who enters the portal. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

IMG_3318.jpeg

If it is true, wonder if Queen will reopen his recruitment.   I know last year that tried to bring in Hunter Dickinson through the portal and were the early favorite to do so and instead were quickly eliminated.  Anyway, none of the players mentioned there are very good except Reese, but thrown in Young and Scott graduating and its not pretty.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If it is true, wonder if Queen will reopen his recruitment.   I know last year that tried to bring in Hunter Dickinson through the portal and were the early favorite to do so and instead were quickly eliminated.  Anyway, none of the players mentioned there are very good except Reese, but thrown in Young and Scott graduating and its not pretty.

I’m pretty sure that with McNeeley decommitting we will no longer be an option for Queen.