Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

We are Currently a Tourney Team

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Oh okay. So we are going with, everyone basketball team in the world ends up at .500.

No not all... although that would also be a true statement.

He specifically said "College basketball, as with every sport, will be GUARANTEED to have a record every season of exactly a .500 winning percentage. No better, no worse. "

So not every team in the world, but in College Basketball the overall record is always .500

You tried to add in stipulations making an assumption he was only saying D1 teams.... but admonish others for adding stipulations that it is what the committee considers, or for SOS, or whatever else....

Not the topic of discussion, but I tend to agree with LCS in this aspect. The quality of college basketball has continuously gotten worse throughout the years, in my opinion. Players jumping to the NBA at any chance they get and players transferring for more playing time has weakened the product over the years. Don't have the answers to fix it, but just my novice observation. Not trying to get in the middle of an LCS vs Mod spat, so carry on...
Still better than watching the NBA

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

You're aiming at the wrong one here my man. I haven't watched the NBA since Jordan was with the Bulls, and haven't had any interest in watching since then. IU basketball certainly hasn't been that enjoyable to watch for me these past few seasons either. I enjoy seeing the defense locking down an opponent when they want to, but offensively it's been similar to watching paint dry

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

The NBA is a much better product than college basketball. The scoring is better, the defense is better, and the officiating is better. The one thing college basketball has on the NBA is atmosphere, but with Covid that’s obviously gone. The visual drop off from NBA to college basketball is much larger, imo, than the drop off from NFL to college football. 

You're aiming at the wrong one here my man. I haven't watched the NBA since Jordan was with the Bulls, and haven't had any interest in watching since then. IU basketball certainly hasn't been that enjoyable to watch for me these past few seasons either. I enjoy seeing the defense locking down an opponent when they want to, but offensively it's been similar to watching paint dry
I wasn't anything personal at you. It was more of a "college Basketball is still better than the NBA regardless of how down it is." It just happened to be yours I quoted.

The NBA is a much better product than college basketball. The scoring is better, the defense is better, and the officiating is better. The one thing college basketball has on the NBA is atmosphere, but with Covid that’s obviously gone. The visual drop off from NBA to college basketball is much larger, imo, than the drop off from NFL to college football. 
That is your opinion. I find it boring. I try to watch a game every. I don't last very long. It doesn't help it has one of, if not, the worst rule in Sports. That of advancing the ball to half court after a TO.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Agree and I dont think its close.

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The lack of atmosphere has absolutely killed my interest in non-IU college basketball this year. I have games on here and there, but the Baylor Kansas game the other night, for instance, would usually be appointment television for me and I totally forgot it was on. Oddly, I’ve found myself watching a lot more non-Pacers NBA basketball than I ever have because the lack of atmosphere doesn’t really matter to me there. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I haven't watched the NBA in years and the main reason why is because the officiating was so terrible.  Superstars got superstar treatment all the time.  It made it too frustrating to watch. Have they fixed that?  

I haven't watched the NBA in years and the main reason why is because the officiating was so terrible.  Superstars got superstar treatment all the time.  It made it too frustrating to watch. Have they fixed that?  
No and never will. Happens in college some though also imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere but my apologies if it has. We moved from #55 to #40 in the NET rankings with that win last night. Resume looks significantly different being 1-4 in Quad 1 (yeah, still not great) with the 1 being a Quad 1A win vs. 0-5 in quad 1. Combined 5-6 record in quads 1/2. Stanford and Providence hovering not too far below the quad 1 line.