Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

1 hour ago, Andowen1990IU said:

Did you read that? This more closely mirrors what Denmark and The Netherlands are doing. No more than ten people in a closed space, still requiring curbside pick up. Seems like public parks and larger work places are still to remain closed.

The states that I was referring to are full on opening this weekend. You don't see the difference?

I would suggest you actually read the Ga. governor's order.  All sorts of restrictions and requirements regarding social distancing, sanitizing, masks, etc.  Not really a "full on opening."  

https://www.georgia.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/executive-order-04.23.20.pdf

A lot of posters are right and this has gotten out of hand. I am partially to blame for this as I stirred the pot quite a few times and, as always, you quickly realize how silly it is to have these types of conversations over the keyboard. Maybe a change of direction would be better?

For example - I have been fortunate enough to continue to work (albeit from home). My wife still has to go into work (at a long term care facility, which makes me nervous as all get out) and we don't have any kids, so it is just me and the pooch at home all day. I have gotten in the habit of wearing Hawaiian shirts every Friday to "keep morale high in the office". Has anybody else done anything to break up the monotony of being stuck at home all day?

Has anybody tried doing anything new at home (either alone or with their family)? I have always loved cooking and I have had a lot of fun trying to come up with new recipes and dishes just using what we have around the house. I always wanted to learn how to play guitar and I wish we had one around so I could at least learn a couple of cords, but sadly no luck.

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I would suggest you actually read the Ga. governor's order.  All sorts of restrictions and requirements regarding social distancing, sanitizing, masks, etc.  Not really a "full on opening."  

https://www.georgia.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/executive-order-04.23.20.pdf

Masks are merely encouraged, strongly encouraged per order, not required.  It'd be difficult to social distance in some of the places opening like tattoo parlors and nail salons.

And if sanitation needs an executive order I don't want to go back to Georgia.

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Whatever happened to the btb I once knew?

It's pretty clear who's on whose side and neither side is going to change their viewpoint so why the endless back and forth?  I mean I'm bored too but........!

Yeah - the pot is being stirred. I'll put my spoon away!

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

It's interesting how those with paychecks still coming in are telling those without that they have to "take one for the team" and stay home in the face of economic destruction.  

A) Why do you label everybody?

B) Why do you label them incorrectly?

14 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

It's interesting how those with paychecks still coming in are telling those without that they have to "take one for the team" and stay home in the face of economic destruction.  

I believe it is the scientist and doctors that are saying to stay home, I am just deferring to their expertise and judgement. While I am still fortunate to work, that doesn't mean I don't have a vested interest in the public health of my city, state, or country .

If that is your economic situation, I am truly sorry and hoping the best for you and yours, as well as all of  those that are really hurting right now. It doesn't mean a damn thing and doesn't improve anybody's situation, but I truly mean it all the same. Hopefully the folks on the hill can put aside their issues long enough to continue to give people the assistance that they need.

A lot of posters are right and this has gotten out of hand. I am partially to blame for this as I stirred the pot quite a few times and, as always, you quickly realize how silly it is to have these types of conversations over the keyboard. Maybe a change of direction would be better?
For example - I have been fortunate enough to continue to work (albeit from home). My wife still has to go into work (at a long term care facility, which makes me nervous as all get out) and we don't have any kids, so it is just me and the pooch at home all day. I have gotten in the habit of wearing Hawaiian shirts every Friday to "keep morale high in the office". Has anybody else done anything to break up the monotony of being stuck at home all day?
Has anybody tried doing anything new at home (either alone or with their family)? I have always loved cooking and I have had a lot of fun trying to come up with new recipes and dishes just using what we have around the house. I always wanted to learn how to play guitar and I wish we had one around so I could at least learn a couple of cords, but sadly no luck.

Cooking at a 4 Diamond resort is my job. I don’t work in the fancy steakhouse, but I do work in a place that does a great amount of output. So I’ve been randomly making things while at home because the hotel is closed and still no clue when I’ll be going back to work. Last night I eyeballed a cheesecake and it turned out pretty good. Made a biscuit and gravy pizza this morning for breakfast. Made some lasagna frita like you get at Olive Garden. So that’s been fun outside of the cleanup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nobody is telling you that. It’s America. Provide a service people are willing to pay for in the modern climate. Have you went to any virtual job fairs? My mom is the director of northeast Indiana Work One. They have had a couple with great turnouts. There are a lot of healthcare jobs. Not working directly with patients on quite a bit. Literally nobody will ever tell you not to work. There are a lot that are work from home.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cooking at a 4 Diamond resort is my job. I don’t work in the fancy steakhouse, but I do work in a place that does a great amount of output. So I’ve been randomly making things while at home because the hotel is closed and still no clue when I’ll be going back to work. Last night I eyeballed a cheesecake and it turned out pretty good. Made a biscuit and gravy pizza this morning for breakfast. Made some lasagna frita like you get at Olive Garden. So that’s been fun outside of the cleanup.

Not gonna lie, a biscuit and gravy pizza sounds pretty good.  I'd hate to see the nutritional breakdown but pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You work in French Lick right? I am from Paoli. There used to be a gas station (now closed) that made biscuit and gravy pizza that was killer. Was that the inspiration?

Well, the IU Virtual Healthcare app was ten pounds of **** stuffed in a 5 pound bag!!

I spent several hours running around trying to get tested before sitting on that ******* app for an hour, being disconnected 3 times, only to be told "no."  The ******* nurse wouldn't just tell me "no" either.  He had to beat around the bush until I told him to cut the **** and give me a "yes" or "no."  He attempted to start back up when I cut him off and told him to answer the question.  Why waste ******* time when there are other people waiting behind me to be seen?!

Now it looks like I'm going to have to drive to Indy or Louisville to get a ******* test that I couldn't give a **** less about the results, while having a couple of blood clots in my leg.  The last ******* thing I should be doing is sitting in a car for hours to get a test that I should be able to get here.  **** **** ****!  **** it, I'm going to workout.

I’m sure the Sandwich Man makes a killer B&G pizza, but the ultimate breakfast pizza belongs to the greatest gasoline/convenience store on this great planet:

Casey’s General Store

That seems to be an awesome idea and a bad idea all at once. Eat kale for a few meals in a row and then balance it out with a "biscuit and gravy pizza." Yessiree

I was craving biscuits and gravy. I had a thing of crescent rolls, some gravy and sausage. So I kinda got what I wanted.

That seems to be an awesome idea and a bad idea all at once. Eat kale for a few meals in a row and then balance it out with a "biscuit and gravy pizza." Yessiree

I was craving biscuits and gravy. I had a thing of crescent rolls, some gravy and sausage. So I kinda got what I wanted.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m sure the Sandwich Man makes a killer B&G pizza, but the ultimate breakfast pizza belongs to the greatest gasoline/convenience store on this great planet:

Casey’s General Store

Um.  Excuse me.  I am the Sandwich Man.

To my imposter:  I'm willing to discuss putting gravy on myself if it serves the greater good.  A Gravy Pizza Sandwich might just be what we all need.  

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Um.  Excuse me.  I am the Sandwich Man.

To my imposter:  I'm willing to discuss putting gravy on myself if it serves the greater good.  A Gravy Pizza Sandwich might just be what we all need.  

You are folded pizza sliced along the fold. 

Change. My. Mind. 

*None of this to say that I don’t like you or your namesake. You’re both outstanding.