Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Penn St 1/29 8:30 pm BTN

It just comes down to recruiting. Trace Jackson Davis is a stud and he is a five star player who I wouldn’t trade for anybody. A lot of the other kids on this team are good but not highly rated and yet we expect them to play like they are. Better players =Better team = Winning.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Bowhunter said:

It just comes down to recruiting. Trace Jackson Davis is a stud and he is a five star player who I wouldn’t for anybody. A lot of the other kids on this team are good but not highly rated and yet we expect them to play like they are. Better players =better team = Winning.

The other half of that equation is player development.  3s become 4s, 4s become 5s.  Players seem to regress rather than get better. That's a problem.  

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

It just comes down to recruiting. Trace Jackson Davis is a stud and he is a five star player who I wouldn’t trade for anybody. A lot of the other kids on this team are good but not highly rated and yet we expect them to play like they are. Better players =better team = Winning.

Well then maybe Archie should go out and get some of those better players. Because outside of Brunk, TJD and he’s got a lot of low 4 and 3 stars. 

24 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

It just comes down to recruiting. Trace Jackson Davis is a stud and he is a five star player who I wouldn’t trade for anybody. A lot of the other kids on this team are good but not highly rated and yet we expect them to play like they are. Better players =Better team = Winning.

Then maybe he should make a change to try and improve recruiting, assistant change or something.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm starting to think that being in my avatar is the kiss of death.  I had Newkirk and...eh.  Then Deron and...eh again.  Who should I curse it with next year?

Archie Miller.

We'd either see a reverse jinx, or you'd get what you've wanted for so long. 

Then maybe he should make a change to try and improve recruiting, assistant change or something.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

He needs to overhaul his system. A simple yet difficult change. His form of the pack line just isn’t working. You can run a simple man to man and be successful and defend the 3pt line. The offense just needs thrown in the trash and started over because that’s just god awful.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He needs to overhaul his system. A simple yet difficult change. His form of the pack line just isn’t working. You can run a simple man to man and be successful and defend the 3pt line. The offense just needs thrown in the trash and started over because that’s just god awful.

Guard the 3 point line then they will give up layups all day and Brunk and TJD would be in foul trouble because guards can't keep anyone from driving. Let the 3s fly and get beat that way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You can run a simple man to man and be successful and defend the 3pt line. 

And we should run an offense that gets the ball inside and then when its outside we should know down three point shots.

I guess we just solved our problems, yes?

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well then maybe Archie should go out and get some of those better players. Because outside of Brunk, TJD and he’s got a lot of low 4 and 3 stars. 

You can win with low 4 and 3 stars that aren't just duplicate players of each other.  I just don't see a whole lot of complimentary skills on this team.

Freaking Purdue last year was one guy surrounded by a ton of role players.  And when Carson Edwards wasn't hitting, they played good enough defense to still be in the game.