Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

51 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I don’t personally know him as he was younger, and I moved to SC. But he was a helluva player; committed to a D1 school and followed his coach to Wright St. He could jump out the gym and I believe he played pro ball overseas for a number of years. I played against the likes of Troy Lewis and Steve Alford, and we had a good team at the time for a county school. 

TY, I have known Vaughn his entire life.  I went to school with his Dad up north here and he is a friend of mine.  Yes, he played pro ball in Europe but just recently retired.  Also just got inducted into the Wright St. HoF.  

3 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

#2 class 2a Shenandoah routs #10 Northeastern last night and also becomes the first school in IHSAA history to have 3 1000 point scorers in one class.

Southwood (1A school) had three in one class three years ago. 

Illinois high schools were just recently permitted to start playing and many schools are scheduling as many games as they can.  Today, they had to cancel 10 Chicago Public League games because there weren't enough available officials.

Yes schools are playing as much as they can. Our JV/V girls are playing their 5th game right now this week. Our V/JV boys are playing their 4th game today. No games have been canceled because of official shortages in my area, but most are working 5 to 6 days

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The 2A regional at Lapel tomorrow not only features the same teams that would have been there last year, but the same matchups as well: Blackford-Wapahani and Rossville-Rochester. Thought that was kind of cool. 

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The 2A regional at Lapel tomorrow not only features the same teams that would have been there last year, but the same matchups as well: Blackford-Wapahani and Rossville-Rochester. Thought that was kind of cool. 

Go Zebras!

BTW, I saw a 'Busco preview this morning.  One of the players said he was tired of hearing about how good Blackhawk is.....

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Season here in Illinois ends today. I feel bad for the Kids, especially the Seniors who don't get to experience 1 last post season

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So there is officially no post-season tournament in IL this year?  I wasn't entirely clear on where that issue stood.