Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, seihoosier said:

Exactly my point.  To that same point, just because Donovan has 2 NCAA rings doesn't mean he'll get a third, but we'd all be DARN happy seeing him announcement as the new coach, now wouldn't we? 

Yes we'd be ecstatic ... because he's a GREAT coach!

Why do you need more perspective? The point is, being an alumnus of any given school doesn't make you qualified to win national championships at that school .....it doesn't take a famous former player to make the program click again .... it didn't with Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Florida, Louisville, or even Indiana during that time frame ... it took a great coach, which #12 is not .....

What I'm asking is how many guys were coaching their Alma mater in TOTAL.

If there were only ten guys coaching their Alma mater, then their success rate is better than if fifty guys were doing it each year. Using a percent of success instead of just a number.

1 minute ago, Happydaze said:

Just hire Marshall and build a special padded cell....... er I mean luxury suite for his lovely wife.

Why we so worried about Mrs. Marshall? Havent we been screaming for 6 years that we want our coach to get a tech? Let the Mrs. get one.

3 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Exactly my point.  To that same point, just because Donovan has 2 NCAA rings doesn't mean he'll get a third, but we'd all be DARN happy seeing him announced as the new coach, now wouldn't we? 

Statistically somebody who was in 4 EEs and 1 FF in his last 5 years is likely to reach more and the key to winning championships is getting past the SS multiple times.  

4 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

So many clearly better options than Alford, it makes me sick that it seems like he's the front runner.

1. If he's not an IU great he's NEVER even mentioned
2. More or less paid UCLA to not fire him last year, why would you even consider a coach that almost got fired if you are truly concerned with consistency and deep runs and championships
3. Iowa is not a bottom feeder in the conference, they have had plenty of success prior to Alford, if he was so great of a coach why were his Iowa teams not good
4. If IU is his dream job, which I think is a safe assumption that it is, and IU still loves him why has it taken 20+ years to even consider bringing him over at any capacity
5. Why would you even consider a coach with a 20 year resume very similar to Crean

Alford makes no sense at all other than he was a good basketball player 30 years ago under a HOF coach. The media is so clueless and just think it's a good storyline and I honestly am beginning to think many of them want IU to stay mediocre. Which is mind boggling. Alford would be the worst thing to happen to IU basketball, if he is hired IU will have the same results we had under Crean until Alford retires, they will not fire him.

I don't remember anyone besides the media anointing him the front runner and maybe anonymous sources. Same with Donovan. In reality no one has ANY idea who the frontrunner is.

They don't believe me at 24/7 but I have a friend who works at the Monroe county airport. So this afternoon a plane from Atlanta arrived with 3 guys in suits and 1 security guard. No one was allowed to touch any of their stuff.

20 minutes later a pane from Orlando landed and it had 2 police men waiting for it. One motorcyle and one car. The plane said PFP sports & talent agency. Donovan works for them. As do other coaches. No one was allowed to see who was in it

http://www.playingfieldpromotions.com/basketball.php

Just now, Chris007 said:

They don't believe me at 24/7 but I have a friend who works at the Monroe county airport. So this afternoon a plane from Atlanta arrived with 3 guys in suits and 1 security guard. No one was allowed to touch any of their stuff.

20 minutes later a pane from Orlando landed and it had 2 police men waiting for it. One motorcyle and one car. The plane said PFP sports & talent agency. Donovan works for them. As do other coaches. No one was allowed to see who was in it

LOL its you!

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I believe you

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Something interesting about them is another one of their coaches has come back to College.  Avery Johnson

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What's a pane? Just kidding

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Still not worried about Alford. Just dont think we are that stupid

Please clarify. Do you mean "don't think we are stupid enough to hire him"? or something else?

24 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Wichita State is looking more and more attractive. The wife scares me.....The way GM looks like CTC scares me. I know i'm shallow.

This is the bright side to Marshall.... If we get him, there is virtually no opponent we will play where we will be at a coaching disadvantage. The only issue is whether he can recruit at a high level.

Chris007, I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it either.

No one was allowed to see who was on it, but you know it was three suits and a security guy?

Got a flight plan to back this up?