Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Was thinking about this on the way to work this morning. What's also most concerning to me, is that in the last 17 years, we have done a terrible job building/developing a loyal player alumni base. Players over the past 17 years have in most cases either transferred, suffered through sanctions, been kicked off, had their coach fired, suffered a rebuild or experienced lackluster/under performing seasons here.  The strong alumni base from Knight's glory days are only getting older, and soon we will find ourselves in a situation where we have very little alumni player support from the past two decades, outside of watford, vic, hulls and cody. 

This to me is a huge area of importance moving forward and cause for concern regarding the stability of our program. 

Edited by monskisprodigy

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Please god these poems are unbearably bad. Fire him! Our poetry is embarrassing!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What are you even talking about??  He rhymed "again" with "again"!  It's almost like Yeats himself is an IU fan.

1 hour ago, pappy1865 said:

Both happened in South Bend.  Kelly was forced to scrap a bunch of assistants, and overhaul.  Also, some folks questioned bringing in Tommy Rees as QB coach? Frickin' brilliant.  Kid lived through purple faced Kelly, and TBH, wasn't that shabby of a QB at all.  Perfect hire in my opinion. 

Not sure how Elston fared on the bench, or if he's liked by the players, but, yeah, if Crean is somehow back, I get behind this line of thinking with revamped coaching staff and former players, either from IU or elsewhere, on the bench.

Go Cubs Go!

This was a topic on the Notre Dame/Duke broadcast the other night. Mike Brey was Coack K's last assistant that did not play for Duke. If Duke is doing something then other programs should maybe pay attention because they have a pretty consistent winning record the past 25-30 years.

Duke's current coaching staff

Jeff Capel - Former Duke All-American

Nate James - Former Duke Standout

Jon Scheyer - Former Duke All-American

Nolan Smith - Former Duke All-American

Former Assistants

Chris Collins

Steve Wojciechowski

Mike Brey

Johnny Dawkins

Tommy Amaker

Someone please give me a list of Tom Crean's coaching tree and how well they are doing?

One thing that I hate about this whole situation is that IU basketball used to be something that I could watch with my dad and grow our bond over and be proud of something- now that I have two small daughters I can't let them watch this crap- I guess we're just going to have to bond over The swim team or the next Disney movie- thanks Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app