Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

How would it help us with Indiana recruiting. Sure we have missed on some Indiana guys, but have every other Indiana coach, including Knight

it has been reported that Crean is not in good standing with many HS coaches in Indiana. Brunk, Guy are recent examples but a much wider breadth than these listed. Getting the right guy could improve recruiting, believe it or not!

My personal opinion is that he should have been fired after last season. I still feel that way. Even more now with all the off court stuff that has happened. When a coach lets his players play as undisciplined as they do, its no wonder that they are just like that off the court as well. That being said, there is no way that they fire him before at LEAST the end of the season because of the huge buyout. Great job on his part for setting that up. On the premise of hiring a new coach. I would give this advice. Always know the answer before you ask the question. I.e. ......Have the new coach hired before ya get rid of the old one.

I'm a huge 49ers fan. This year they have been ridiculously undisciplined on the field, despite Harbaugh being a serious disciplinarian. Sometimes the two aren't connected.

I mean, OK. This time they seem pretty connected. But, just isn't always the case.

Awesome. an anonymous message board poster calling one of the best players to ever put on the Crimson and Cream a POS. Forgive me if I don't take what you say seriously.

forgive me if I need to remind you that skills on the court have nothing to do with ones character. There are plenty of accounts of him being so. Talk to a few people that know him and then respond back.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

it has been reported that Crean is not in good standing with many HS coaches in Indiana. Brunk, Guy are recent examples but a much wider breadth than these listed. Getting the right guy could improve recruiting, believe it or not!

We have gotten our fair share of Indiana talent. 
Nothing has been "reported", everything about Crean and HS coaches are "rumors". Same with anything regarding Brunk or Guy. I just think no matter who the coach is, there will always be players who just don't want to come to Indiana for some odd reason. Same happened with Knight. Some kids just flat out didn't want to come to Indiana to play for him

Kepner, you are blinded by something. I don't get it. Pap has stated publicly on some of these issues being discussed without indecision. He was clearly right about Guy as evidenced by his early verbal to UVA.

Yes I realize no coach will "lock" the Indiana borders but Crean has pissed off many coaches/media members. It's not disputable.

I'm a huge 49ers fan. This year they have been ridiculously undisciplined on the field, despite Harbaugh being a serious disciplinarian. Sometimes the two aren't connected.

I mean, OK. This time they seem pretty connected. But, just isn't always the case.

As a fellow Niners fan all I can say is uuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

I'm the most concerned about losing Troy. As I stated in another thread, he has a great shot at going pro just like JBJ and even Yogi. The good thing about that is all three of our best players may not want to transfer and sit out slowing down the process of playing in the NBA. However, If coach was let go now, that would open up the door for guys to get waivers and possibly play this year. Firing coach today doesn't seem like the smart thing to do, especially if you don't have anyone ready to step in now.

I believe 100% that KJ and Calbert left (in part) because of some of the stuff that was going on with the program.  I know, no one agrees with me here, and thinks it was all about the money, but......

Just like Fischer, Marlin, and others leaving too.  No one wants to believe these things are related but.....