Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="38462" timestamp="1392402241"]The more I pay attention to him (and I can't stand the sleaze ball), the more I think he's actually a pretty good coach (ughh). His track record was definitely superior to Crean's when he got the UK job.[/quote]

Exactly how I feel. Can't stand the guy. Not sure how it is that he recruits so well, but he gets results with guys that don't always mesh very well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="38469" timestamp="1392402844"]Exactly how I feel. Can't stand the guy. Not sure how it is that he recruits so well, but he gets results with guys that don't always mesh very well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I agree his teams just don't have that leadership core, the backbone of a team because his roster is wiped clean every season and that's why we see some of the losses we do from his past 2 teams.

Cream is one of the best recruiters in the country he rebuilt us faster then anyone else could, yea were at a stand still this season but were one of the youngest big10 teams and were still capable of beating Michigan and Wisconsin, yogis our best player and most experienced player and he's only a sophomore we need to age before we can do anything else

Cream is one of the best recruiters in the country he rebuilt us faster then anyone else could, yea were at a stand still this season but were one of the youngest big10 teams and were still capable of beating Michigan and Wisconsin, yogis our best player and most experienced player and he's only a sophomore we need to age before we can do anything else

Yogi is obviously not our most experienced player

I agree the PSU game was hard to watch especially when we are up 13 and just fold at the end. Like no other team has done that? We were down 15 at PSU and righted the ship that day. Truth is Crean can recruit and his staff is very good at both having a gameplan and assisting in recruiting. I agree with the comment that Crean did and is still doing a great job of staying on track. My opinion is this year is on this team, no true LEADER! Good and potential great players don't win on their talent alone, they adapt, grow and learn together. Let's see what happens the rest of this year and next. I see potential B10 Champs next year! Develop a outside game for Stan and Troy, Noah another year to mentally and physically mature JB jr and all the recruits along with all the pt AE and JH are working back into and then Yogi. Ah Yogi? Best true Pg since Zeke and all the pressure from the past 2 years all in one year. This kid is good and a leader lets stay true to our roots and Cream and Crimson and have faith this will work out!!! Go IU!

I agree the PSU game was hard to watch especially when we are up 13 and just fold at the end. Like no other team has done that? We were down 15 at PSU and righted the ship that day. Truth is Crean can recruit and his staff is very good at both having a gameplan and assisting in recruiting. I agree with the comment that Crean did and is still doing a great job of staying on track. My opinion is this year is on this team, no true LEADER! Good and potential great players don't win on their talent alone, they adapt, grow and learn together. Let's see what happens the rest of this year and next. I see potential B10 Champs next year! Develop a outside game for Stan and Troy, Noah another year to mentally and physically mature JB jr and all the recruits along with all the pt AE and JH are working back into and then Yogi. Ah Yogi? Best true Pg since Zeke and all the pressure from the past 2 years all in one year. This kid is good and a leader lets stay true to our roots and Cream and Crimson and have faith this will work out!!! Go IU!

There's a lot I disagree with here but I'll just say true pgs don't have over 100 more shots than the next closest player on the team. Also yogi has just under a 1.5 a/to ratio, not exactly best true pg since Isaiah Thomas material if you ask me

I just read your post again, big ten champs next year???? Dude do you even pay attention? With who in the post??

[quote name="HoosierReb01" post="38466" timestamp="1392402590"]May be, but regardless of who is the better coach, I'd never trade.[/quote]

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I would trade Crean for Calipari.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's funny because outside of iu fans there are plenty of people who think crean is a slime bag.

We know you do but that doesn't mean that plenty of people do.  

For those that think Crean didn't recruit Harris you are wrong. Crean talked to Harris a day too early in a dead recruiting period, he was informed by Tim Buckley that he could that morning found out that afternoon it was a day early. They reported it to the NCAA and backed out of recruiting Harris to not violate rules.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app

For those that think Crean didn't recruit Harris you are wrong. Crean talked to Harris a day too early in a dead recruiting period, he was informed by Tim Buckley that he could that morning found out that afternoon it was a day early. They reported it to the NCAA and backed out of recruiting Harris to not violate rules.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app

Partially correct

I can't stand the "Fire Tom Crean" stuff I see everywhere now. D1 players should know how to inbound the ball, call a time out, and get the ball down the court in 10 seconds. He has the most information about this team and has been making the best in-game decisions he can. Why wouldn't he? He wants to win twice as much as we all do. 

People just want to blame TC as an easy excuse to justify our losses. 

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="38587" timestamp="1392415853"]I prefer to have a coach that recruits and plays COLLEGE students on my COLLEGE basketball team.[/quote]

That's what we have now, and people are ready to run him out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app