Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

There will also be mid majors that steal bids just like every other year. The recruiting worries me a bit but Crean also isnt done coaching so why would he just stop. Cause he dont work here much longer doesnt mean he wont work somewhere else

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Even if IU somehow gets Into the dance. Barely making the NCAA and barely missing are the same to me, and hopefully glass understands this. Iu will be very bad next year, glass and Crean have to know this will result in the same 1 year delayed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

48 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Still wouldn't we have to wait until his season is over? That's a ways away.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

To actually join the team, yes or at least I would.  If he took the job, and I wouldn't get my hopes up, he could assemble his staff and they can start recruiting; and instead of 'help is on the way' they can say 'Billy Donovan is on the way'.  Any meetings he needed to have with the staff, team, etc. can be done remotely via Skype/GoToMeeting/AT&T Connect or other pieces of software.

One of the programs I listed is junk, but it's an option.

Man, can you imagine the impact of IU hiring Donovan, especially if it was announced in the next few weeks?

It would dominate headlines, even during the most important time of the year in NCAA basketball.  Everyone - coaches, media, recruits, players, casual fans - would take notice.

I'm getting way too giddy about this possibility.

59 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Still wouldn't we have to wait until his season is over? That's a ways away.

Not necessarily and even if he does come to IU but waits till the end of the season to do so you just deal with that fact for this season. In the long run it would be worth it.  

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Man, can you imagine the impact of IU hiring Donovan, especially if it was announced in the next few weeks?

It would dominate headlines, even during the most important time of the year in NCAA basketball.  Everyone - coaches, media, recruits, players, casual fans - would take notice.

Forget a splash, that makes a tidal wave.  Its says we're done messing around.

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

It's a statement hire. One that puts not only the conference, but the entire country on notice. Let's just hope it happens.

Furthermore, it would make the conference collectively sh1t their pants, not to mention any school that makes an effort to recruit the Midwest.  We'd instantly have the best coach in the B1G.

15 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I'd hesitate to get too pumped about this.. There are nothing but rumors swirling around on IU message boards at this point. Gonna cost a lot of money to match what Donovan is making and unless Crean walks or IU waits until the summer deadline, another large chunk of money to buy him out. And we've all got to hope Donovan is ready to leave the NBA already.. 

We may wish Crean was a goner already but let's not discredit what he has done either. Every coach has players that didnt pan out not just Crean but Crean has gotten everyone of his 5 stars in the NBA at this point and has also got 4 or 5 more guys. Some who were never looked at as NBA prospects before he got them. Diener, Novak, Matthews, Victor, and Troy. Heck even Yogi was gonna be difficult because of size. He may not have done the best but you could argue he did as well or better than he should would most of those kids. I think he could be better but he is actually respected through NBA circles. Every player that has left had the correct info. Yogi and Troy both said 2nd or undrafted. Victor knew he was a lottery pick as well as Cody and Noah. Yes mocks and scouts help too but let us not act like he didnt have anything to do with it. He just couldnt take those guys to the next step as a whole. I have always thought individually he did fine but he never grasped the talent together. I hate that he has made us a joke this year but I do wish him well just like any coach that comes here runs a clean program and stresses student athlete I would do the same for them. Doesn't mean I think they should always be our head coach.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Long time lurker, first time posting.
I agree 100% with this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Even if IU somehow gets Into the dance. Barely making the NCAA and barely missing are the same to me, and hopefully glass understands this. Iu will be very bad next year, glass and Crean have to know this will result in the same 1 year delayed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They aren't getting in.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Figured to go big with my first post. I hear Crean is definitely out, but I'm hearing a different replacement. I hear the next coach will be Pete Bell and he's bringing recruits Neon Boudeaux, Butch McRae, and Ricky Roe. Big time now!