Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Iowa Game Thread... #BuckleUp

That's true. I guess I'm just worried about a scenario where he wins the next four games and manages to squeek into the tournament, the narrative shifts to "wow Crean carried an injury depleted team to the big dance!" and we're back next year for more of the same. There's a near 0 chance of all of that happening, of course, but I'll be unnecessarily anxious until he's officially gone. 

Not likely but winning four in a row might save his job.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

That's true. I guess I'm just worried about a scenario where he wins the next four games and manages to squeek into the tournament, the narrative shifts to "wow Crean carried an injury depleted team to the big dance!" and we're back next year for more of the same. There's a near 0 chance of all of that happening, of course, but I'll be unnecessarily anxious until he's officially gone. 

Eh, there isn't a chance we go to Purdue and win. Crean has a pretty horrible record at Ohio State too

If Iowa makes a big run tonight I could see us folding. They fought pretty hard at the barn but I don't see that happening two games in a row. If the games close can we make the plays down the stench?

I don't see us winning. Any time we have been punched in the mouth early on we fold. Iowa plays too physical for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't see us winning. Any time we have been punched in the mouth early on we fold. Iowa plays too physical for this team.

Also this team is better at finding ways to lose more than winning. If they shoot good the defense will go if the d is good we shoot poor. Turnovers and not getting to the free throw line is another issue. We will see what they do tonight that is why you play the games

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Eh, there isn't a chance we go to Purdue and win. Crean has a pretty horrible record at Ohio State too

Crap I totally spaced that we still have a game at Purdue. I don't even want to watch that one... It's going to get ugly. 

I could see Pemsil getting Bryant into foul trouble. If we give DD solid minutes I could see him putting up some numbers. Who do we have guarding Jok? I don't like that matchup unless Jok is off and keeps chucking from outside. If they're hitting from deep we could easily lose by 15+.