Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Random IUWBB Recruiting

IU Ladies put effort in the following girls to add to 2024 class Avery Hollew, Zania Nguyen Socka, and Mikayla Blakes.  And all would have competed for playing time and starting five.  This is one reason IU Ladies have not been able to expand some elite depth.  Need transfer portal help for 2024-2025.  It seems a little harder than it should be. R. W. were at Blakes, and Socka summer camps/games.  Not sure how much on Howell though IU Ladies were in her top 5.  Then, there is Prince to Nebraska…got caught up in silly statement as underclassman.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Today is truly a red letter day for IUWBB.  Raoul has finally put up an Indiana page and there are additional '25 names listed as having IU offers.  And the same for '26 offers.  

https://wbbblog.com/indiana-womens-basketball-recruiting/

I would also be surprised if Currie-Jelks doesn't get a medical RS, assuming she doesn't play the rest of the way... or have they already announced she won't? Can't remember. 

She should be a RS SO next season with 3 years left. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would also be surprised if Currie-Jelks doesn't get a medical RS, assuming she doesn't play the rest of the way... or have they already announced she won't? Can't remember. 

She should be a RS SO next season with 3 years left. 

I don't recall seeing anything about a possible medical RS.  Makes all the sense in the world unless she's already let the staff know she's going to portal again.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't recall seeing anything about a possible medical RS.  Makes all the sense in the world unless she's already let the staff know she's going to portal again.

She gotta sit out a year, then. 

Navaeh Caffey….IU Ladies just got commitment from excellent quickness and athleticism…defensive and can get to the rim…can shoot 3 pointer and mid range plus fts….should end up being a very good/excellent team player.  Bunch of upside.

Raoul -

The "regular" signing period in basketball for 2024 prospects starts next Wednesday, April 17, and runs through May 15; currently have 915 commits/signees on the WBB Blog list, with 36 of those being juco transfers (2023 class had about 250 juco transfers)