Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

10 minutes ago, BabyJandJDaddy said:

Arizona grad transfer QB looking at Indiana. Just saw on Twitter. 

I saw Illini might be a landing spot due to Rod Smith being the new OC at Illinois. I wouldn’t mind it if we are looking at him, but if I were him and my old OC convinced his HC to let me go after him....I’m going since I know the offense 

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg: UCLA, Indiana, Nebraska and Florida Atlantic are among the schools showing interest in quarterback Brandon Dawkins, a graduate transfer from Arizona. Dawkins is planning to visit FAU and Indiana in the coming weeks. Dawkins passed for 2,418 yards and rushed for 1,582 yards in three seasons at Arizona.

We'll at least get a visit so we have a chance!

This may be blasphemy, but I get a kick out of Lane Kiffen's schtick at FAU.  The 'rat poison' comments towards Saban and Cal were on point.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:52 PM, MemphisHoosier said:

This may be blasphemy, but I get a kick out of Lane Kiffen's schtick at FAU.  The 'rat poison' comments towards Saban and Cal were on point.

My problem is that he’s just as much of a ****** as those other guys.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:16 PM, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg: UCLA, Indiana, Nebraska and Florida Atlantic are among the schools showing interest in quarterback Brandon Dawkins, a graduate transfer from Arizona. Dawkins is planning to visit FAU and Indiana in the coming weeks. Dawkins passed for 2,418 yards and rushed for 1,582 yards in three seasons at Arizona.

We'll at least get a visit so we have a chance!

OV starts tomorrow per Weaver.

He graduates in May and according to an NBCSports article, he is looking to make a decision sooner rather than later.

“I just want to be done with it as soon as possible,” the Thousand Oaks, Calif., product told the site. “I’m not in high school anymore. I’m not trying to have a bunch of offers and brag and post about them. I just want to know where I’m going to go and settle in and start learning that playbook and get to wherever I’m going and start learning the offense and get with the team and start getting that chemistry going.”

He played in 23 games at Arizona, with 13 as the starter. According to the same article, he completed just over 56 percent of his 334 passes for 2,418 yards, 15 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He ran for another 1,582 yards and 20 more touchdowns.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/27/qb-brandon-dawkins-hopes-to-make-transfer-decision-before-late-may-graduation-from-arizona/

1 hour ago, Kepner said:

He could go to FAU and start right away. Their starter graduated and they bring back a QB that sat out all year. Would he start right away here?

He would be competing against De'Andre Johnson and Chris Robinson at FAU; both of which were highly touted coming out of high school. No offense to our current QB's, but Dawkins would have a better chance of starting here. 

8 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

He would be competing against De'Andre Johnson and Chris Robinson at FAU; both of which were highly touted coming out of high school. No offense to our current QB's, but Dawkins would have a better chance of starting here. 

Johnson is coming off missing a whole year due to injury and as of last week Robison has been suspended indefinitely from the team.

Im not saying Ramsey can’t be beat it but Ramsey has more experience than both of FAUs quarterbacks probably combined

. I’d love  Dawkins to come here. Guess it just depends on what he wants.

44 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

One thing that was brought to my attention is that IU is the only school in the Big Ten that makes its football team share a weight room with other sports. How did IU let this happen? Other programs use this to negatively recruit against IU.

Meh, doesn't seem like a big deal to me. The weight room is massive and still pretty new, so I would advocate that the other programs leverage it. Quite a few schools have come in to tour the facility and modeled their own weight rooms after it.

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

But the fact remains it hurts IU in recruiting. Every other program has a football only weight room. With all of the money Fred has raised, you would think he could have found some to build a separate weight room for the other sports.

Do they care though?  

22 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

But the fact remains it hurts IU in recruiting. Every other program has a football only weight room. With all of the money Fred has raised, you would think he could have found some to build a separate weight room for the other sports.

Why would that hurt us? It’s literally large enough to have the entire football team in there on one side, and multiple other sports on the other side, using the same equipment. There is a ridiculous amount of equipment in there. It’s a moot point anyway, because football always gets first dibs. If they decide to schedule a random lift, and they want other sports to leave, the other sports have to leave. And I know for a fact that they tell this to recruits, because a football recruit on a visit snapchatted this information out while on a tour.

The basketball teams have their own weight room/rehab facilities, but even they use facilities at MS too. Everything is centrally located there, with the academic center and other facilities. Having a giant weight room is not hurting us in recruiting. Football can use it whenever they want. If they don’t want to share it, they don’t have to. They don’t really ever have to share it, actually. Everything is scheduled around when they use it. Smart planning/allocation of resources is not a negative.

8 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Does it really matter who uses the weight room when the football team isn't in it? I mean, I doubt that the other sports are getting in the way when the football team is working out. Frankly, having a football-only weight room kind of seems like a waste of money. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Does it really matter who uses the weight room when the football team isn't in it? I mean, I doubt that the other sports are getting in the way when the football team is working out. Frankly, having a football-only weight room kind of seems like a waste of money. 

No it doesn’t, and no one gets in the way. It has enough equipment for multiple teams to use it at once, and football can kick them out if they choose to. It’s their weight room.

I don’t think football ever shares weight room time though as it is, so this is literally an issue that doesn’t exist.