Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

I didn't know exactly where to put this so I figured I would just start a thread where we can put all the offseason updates/news instead of starting a new one every time something happens. Anyways, a mod can merge it with another thread if they feel it makes more sense.

I'm sure some of you saw Zander Diamont was on WIUX yesterday discussing his career at IU and his opinions on the program and IU in general. Very entertaining and insightful. If anyone has a chance, give it a listen here:  http://wiux.org/2017/01/16/the-tall-trio-talks-with-zander-diamont/

Among the highlights from his interview:

• Butting heads with Coach Wilson
  • Getting in a fight with Chase Dutra
  • Running the "Z-Package" with Natee as well as Natee being a freak athlete
  • Getting to play as a true freshman and playing with some great players like Sudfeld, Coleman, Latimer, Howard, Feeney, etc.

^^ Maybe we can get LI and the bb team to hold up flashcards for the scoreboard.

In other news. Traffic issues on 69/37 extended to May 31, 2018.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/news/local/i--section-completion-date-officially-extended/article_153b93b6-f203-11e6-8fc0-3fab6e947542.html

34 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

83f75838e740c10789c6cf8c678efea8.jpg

Idiots. Just stay out of trouble. Idk what they did but isn't this like strike 3 for green

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting that three of the four players who have been pulled from the football team have either opined (Belden), or have ears and ties (Fuchs, Cameron) to the IU basketball program.

Belden is a family friend and his career is most likely over. Unfortunately. He was a great hs football player played with my brother and they still talk and hangout, but this latest injury happened in practice this fall. He was poke through the facemask and it left him blind in one eye.

Belden is a family friend and his career is most likely over. Unfortunately. He was a great hs football player played with my brother and they still talk and hangout, but this latest injury happened in practice this fall. He was poke through the facemask and it left him blind in one eye.

Omg!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

44 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

That is terrifying. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often

That is terrifying. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often

Yeah there was some hope from what I hear from my brother. But I guess before the bowl they found out that it was going to be permanent. Because I guess his peripheral was coming back slightly but I guess it never got better

Osterman at Indy Star on the Mike Hart hire.

BLOOMINGTON — Once again, and perhaps for good, IU coach Tom Allen has a full nine-man coaching staff.

Mike Hart, once a standout running back at Michigan and a veteran of three FBS coaching staffs already, will fill Indiana’s vacant position at running backs coach. A source confirmed Hart’s hiring to IndyStar on Thursday.

A former Wolverine and Indianapolis Colt, Hart, 30, has served as running backs coach at Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan and most recently Syracuse, where he spent the 2016 season. He replaces Deland McCullough, who left Indiana after six years to coach running backs at Southern Cal.

In three seasons with the Colts, Hart rushed for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He was a three-time first-team All-Big Ten selection in Ann Arbor. In two seasons at Western Michigan, he tutored a pair of 1,000-yard backs — Jarvion Franklin in 2014, (1,551 yards, 24 touchdowns) and Jamauri Bogan in 2015 (1,051 yards and 16 touchdowns) — before moving to Syracuse last season.

Hart is the third former Michigan player or coach to join Allen’s staff this offseason, following former Wolverines offensive coordinator Mike DeBord, now in the same position at IU, and quarterback Nick Sheridan, who will coach the same position for the Hoosiers.

Both Sheridan and Hart played under DeBord in college.

Hart’s arrival once again returns the Hoosiers to their full complement of nine assistant coaches. Because of departures both planned and otherwise, Allen has had to hire five new offensive assistants this winter — six, if you count promoted quality control coach Shawn Watson, who left for the offensive coordinator job at Pitt.

Watson would only have been quarterbacks coach in Bloomington.

“We’ve attracted some really high-quality people. I know one of their strengths is relationship building, and being able to do it in their own way.” Allen said after a team workout Thursday, talking about his new staff generally. “Spring ball will create a lot more of that time for them, but I think the initial contact … has been very productive.”

The Hoosiers open Allen’s first spring practice as head coach on Saturday, with this year’s spring game scheduled for 7 p.m. April 13. It will be held 140 days before IU’s Thursday night season opener against Ohio State on Aug. 31.

Contact between assistants and players during offseason workouts is governed by NCAA rules, but Allen said he’s been pleased with what time his new staff has been able to spend with IU’s players, leading into spring ball.

“For me, a lot of it’s just one-on-one,” he said. “You can get in your office and get to know the young men. That’s my style.”

I hope Dalton's right  because Hart has some awfully big shoes to fill.  His final 2 years at WMU were definitely positives and probably indicates he had his kind of kids in the backfield.  With only 1 season at Syracuse he basically had to make do with what he had when he started.

Hart joined the WMU for the 2012 season; left after 2015 and only has the 2016 season at Syracuse.  Prior years are purely for comparison.

2011 – Western Michgan:  391 carries for 1,575 yds; 4.0 yds/carry

2012 – Western Michigan:  404 carries for 1,794 yds; 4.4 yds/carry

2013 – Western Michigan:  389 carries for 1,394 yds; 3.6 yds/carry

2014 – Western Michigan:  503 carries for 2,221 yds; 4.4 yds/carry.

2015 – Western Michigan:  526 carries for 2,648 yes; 5.0 yds/carry

2014 – Syracuse:  424 carries for 1,750 yds; 4.1 yds/carry

2015 – Syracuse:  445 carries for 1,958 yds; 4.4 yds/carry

2016 – Syracuse:  449 carries for 1,435 yds; 3.2 yds/carry

2014 – IU:  539 carries for 3,163 yds; 5.9 yds/carry

2015 – IU:  592 carries for 2,736 yds; 4.6 yds/carry

2016 – IU:  534 carries for 1,979 yds; 3.7 yds/carry