Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

An inexperienced passing game on the road against an good and experienced defense can lead to A LOT of turnovers.  The extraordinary thing is that WE are the beneficiary of that dynamic.

I expect OSU to try to run the ball to establish a power game early, to take pressure off of Barrett and their new wrs. If we can stack them and wrap them early it will be really interesting. Good gawd I'd love for us to get the first points in this one.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

An inexperienced passing game on the road against an good and experienced defense can lead to A LOT of turnovers.  The extraordinary thing is that WE are the beneficiary of that dynamic.

I expect OSU to try to run the ball to establish a power game early, to take pressure off of Barrett and their new wrs. If we can stack them and wrap them early it will be really interesting. Good gawd I'd love for us to get the first points in this one.

One x-factor for OSU is Kevin Wilson. They may have an inexperienced offense, but Wilson knows our defense well. Or at least I would expect him too. I expect us to add a lot of wrinkles on D to change it up a bit for this game.

One x-factor for OSU is Kevin Wilson. They may have an inexperienced offense, but Wilson knows our defense well. Or at least I would expect him too. I expect us to add a lot of wrinkles on D to change it up a bit for this game.

Could argue the same in that we know his Offense as well.

May be some things Allen wanted to do on D that he did not in his first year and working under Wilson. Year 2 now working for himself he may have a different approach

51 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Could argue the same in that we know his Offense as well.

May be some things Allen wanted to do on D that he did not in his first year and working under Wilson. Year 2 now working for himself he may have a different approach

To sort of leap off this, in year 2 the players should be more comfortable in Allen's system and terminology.  So if there are things he needed to keep simple for year 1 could be complicated a bit more for year 2.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

To sort of leap off this, in year 2 the players should be more comfortable in Allen's system and terminology.  So if there are things he needed to keep simple for year 1 could be complicated a bit more for year 2.

And while in the past OSU knew what type of offense Wilson liked to run, this time they will be facing a new offensive system, which may still be simplified in year 1, but it will be new nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I'd love for Wilson to try to throw downfield with noodle arm Barrett. I'm excited that he's their QB. I was really scared that they might put someone competent at that position.

OSU and Mich, are ripe for the pickings. PSU on the road is the one that really concerns me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

If our D stays healthy, they are gonna keep us in games and could even win a game outright for us. Can our offense do enough to beat teams like OSU and Mich? I'm sure teams are excited that Lagow is our QB.  Can we make the big play and keep our defense off the field. Can Lagow cut down on the TO's and bad decisions and can our running back at least establish some kind of success to help balance out the offense. These are all big questions I have going into the OSU game against their D. 

Some tweets from BTN's Dave Revsine watching today's practice:

@BTNDaveRevsine: Indiana still very much an up-tempo team offensively - no-huddle, read option, etc. Will look very similar to recent yrs philosophically

@BTNDaveRevsine: Really like the looks of Ian Thomas at TE for IU. Tough match-up. Peyton Ramsey had a nice practice as well - QB looks set going forward

@BTNDaveRevsine: Tom Allen told me he's been really impressed w Donovan Hale - "maybe our most talented" WR - saying something on a team w Westbrook, Cobbs

1 minute ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Some tweets from BTN's Dave Revsine watching today's practice:

@BTNDaveRevsine: Indiana still very much an up-tempo team offensively - no-huddle, read option, etc. Will look very similar to recent yrs philosophically

@BTNDaveRevsine: Really like the looks of Ian Thomas at TE for IU. Tough match-up. Peyton Ramsey had a nice practice as well - QB looks set going forward

@BTNDaveRevsine: Tom Allen told me he's been really impressed w Donovan Hale - "maybe our most talented" WR - saying something on a team w Westbrook, Cobbs

Our WR corps sounds like it will be one of the strongest we have had in quite some time. I wonder if it means Peyton Ramsey is pushing Lagow or that he is set as the #2 QB. Assume it's the latter. 

6 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Classic dakich today focusing on Anotonio Allen arrest and not the Iu football game and iu getting a special edition of the gameday for Thursday night opener. 

People still listen to him?

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Watching IU/PSU 2016. We could have won that game if we didn't have 10 turnovers in that game. Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. But I was more upset at the Michigan game. For the second year in a row, we were beating them up pretty good physically, and had the lead late into the third quarter. Ugh.