Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Game Thread

Drove 4 hours to watch my first ever game at Assembly Hall…of course this would happen. 

After OG missed a free throw late in the first half, a fan behind me yelled "Crean, you've got to teach them to make free throws!" I laughed. 

Question: how early do players usually arrive for warmups? I was with a friend and we noticed Blackmon sauntering through the parking lot around 5:00, well after all the other players were there. 

Not going to bother reading the rest of this thread; Crean is what he is, his system is what it is and this team is what it is. Welcome to 21st century IU basketball. We all want it to be better, but this is what we are. 

I think we end up 11-7, maybe worse. We don't have the leadership or the intangibles to win on the road in this league. 

Drove 4 hours to watch my first ever game at Assembly Hall…of course this would happen. 

After OG missed a free throw late in the first half, a fan behind me yelled "Crean, you've got to teach them to make free throws!" I laughed. 

Question: how early do players usually arrive for warmups? I was with a friend and we noticed Blackmon sauntering through the parking lot around 5:00, well after all the other players were there. 

Not going to bother reading the rest of this thread; Crean is what he is, his system is what it is and this team is what it is. Welcome to 21st century IU basketball. We all want it to be better, but this is what we are. 

I think we end up 11-7, maybe worse. We don't have the leadership or the intangibles to win on the road in this league. 

Hell I won't turn on a tv to watch IU Bball anymore let alone drive 4 hours. Still haven't watched a game since UNC. I'm done

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think the no position speed game suits this team for the long haul.Turnovers a killer driving the lane w/out a purpose and kicking it wherever.How the bigs ,after a steal ,don't feel the pursuit puzzling maybe they are allowed to score it unchallenged in practice?The whole 3 NBA picks on this team ,ok the league is full of youngsters,but lottery?Glad JMorgan only bruise that was bush the kid was smirking going to bench.Bottom line talent doesn't fit the system CTC wants them to play it's obvious.

IMO, 2 of the biggest key plays is when we fought hard for the ball on defense and then get it stolen from behind dribbling up the court. I think it happened to Juwan & OG. That to me is inexcusable. I've seen it happen several times over the Crean years. It's a hallmark of his teams. It rarely happens to other good teams. It's a MAJOR momentum KILLER!
Need a huge bounce back against L'ville!
GET IT TOGETHER HOOSIERS!!!!

7 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

A team that turns the ball over 1/4 of its possessions, has no PG, and has no organization on offense isn't going to string together more than maybe 1-2 wins, against tournament quality teams. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone. That bodes badly in tournament play. My hopes for this team have been completely deflated. We have a ton of talent but lack some vital characteristics that almost all championship teams have.

Had a better shot at a run last year with Yogi. I will add our go to guy (jbj)best move is to step into a 30 ft. jumper. Not a recipe for success in close games.

IMO, two key plays is when we fought hard for the ball on defense then getting it stolen from behind dribbling up the court. OG & Juwan, I think. That is INEXCUSABLE! Seems to be a hallmark of Tom Crean's IU teams. Do they ever work on basics? John Wooden would instruct his players how to put on their socks for gosh sakes!
Show up Saturday HOOSIERS!!!

• You have to be mentally prepared for EVERY game!  This game reeked of IPFW skat.
  • If we have to set up for a shot, we are doomed.  It seems like we take way to long to set up and then it's too late.  How many balls have we had stripped?
  • Somebody tell JBJ that it's not about stats.  If you play the game, the game will take care of your stats.  I thought that he played pretty desperate last night.
  • Obviously we still haven't found a line up that works completely and that scares me since we have already started the B1G.
  • O.G. is not the player that we hyped him up to be. There I said it.  I think he is a good player but we have all set the bar too high with him.  I have been more impressed with Juwan this season.  I also feel that O.G. is not completely healed.
  • Fundamentally we are a horrible basketball team.  Poor screens, Poor block outs, Bad shot selection, Poor ball handling, Poor communication.  That is on Coach!!!  A fundamentally good team will have us for lunch.
  • We have the talent to be a great team, until we go back to the basics we will be extremely unpredictable.
  • Our sub patterns again are random and horrible.  This goes back to being able to coach within the game.  Why McRoberts and Newkirk are getting the minutes I have no idea.  I feel Green and CuJo have something to contribute but need the minutes.  Sorry, Newkirk's developed time should have happened and shown by now.
  • I hope that the last two losses were our Maui last year and we kick it into gear.  I had one foot out the door last year when the B1G started and they impressed the hell out of me.  Please let that happen again.
  • Somebody remind these guys that they play FOR Indiana not AT Indiana!!!!!

Anybody still think OG, TB, and JBJ are all going pro after this year???.... just said it last week and I got bashed for it but at most I think we'll lose 1 of those players I know it's still early and a lot can happen but again I just don't think any of these players are ready. We could be loaded next year if that's the case

9 minutes ago, bellj833 said:

Anybody still think OG, TB, and JBJ are all going pro after this year???.... just said it last week and I got bashed for it but at most I think we'll lose 1 of those players I know it's still early and a lot can happen but again I just don't think any of these players are ready. We could be loaded next year if that's the case

OG could still be a first round pick just off potential alone. He's not NBA ready, but with the right coaches, he will develop into something great. 

James.. I don't think is an NBA player. Like DD noted, he can't guard a chair. He is also very streaky when it comes to scoring. I don't think he has an NBA future besides maybe the Mad Ants (bring money in). 

Thomas. It's hard to tell if he has a future in the NBA. Glad to see he's added the three to his game, that will help. However, we haven't seen him post up enough. When we have, he does have some nice moves. I don't think Crean is doing him any favors in displaying his possible "big guy" skill set. Just my thoughts.. maybe 20-30th pick right now. 

Lots of negativity and understandable but I want to put my cards on the table..I love IU and will always root for them.It's hard when you have good players that CAN win and don't..Point fingers where you want blame is like opinions but jeez the mistakes and mental lapses cause me the most frustration.I'll watch every game and root hard every game and hope I can have more restful nights than nights I toss and turn.