Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IU OVER unc POST GAME THREAD

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

OGs injury is really a critical injury. I think we can beat Butler but everything will be tougher. Hopefully we get him back for UofL because we need all the size and athleticism we can get for that game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is there an injury update on OG? Looked like a pretty bad sprain. Maybe even a break. 

I said after the IPFW game that Crean struggles to takeaway the opponents strength. Crean, staff, and players did exactly what they needed to do in this game. They shut down unc's ability to fast break and second chance points. That wasn't a fluky win due to Assembly Hall. IU got on the glass and actually out rebounded an elite rebounding team. IU got back in transition and jumped on the ball handler early out on the perimeter. These things were lacking in the IPFW game. Congrats to Crean and staff.

Certainly good news but doesn't mesh well with how badly he looked on the court or CTC's high ankle sprain diagnosis.  Typically, high ankle sprains have a lengthy healing time.   We certainly don't need anything injury related surfacing in our basketball program on the heels of today's news.

19 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Already a bit of a backtrack from his original tweet although admittedly he did say 'at least IU's next 2 games'.

Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS 23m23 minutes ago

OG Anunoby is basically out indefinitely. Indiana will just see how the ankle responds. No exact timetable for a return.

Robert Johnson had the same injury suffered against Purdue on February 20, and he returned March 17 against Chattanooga playing 24 minutes.

That's almost a whole month.  He eventually re-injured that ankle if I'm remembering correctly, so he may have been brought back too soon.

I know all injuries are not the same, but I'd feel better about him not re-injuring that ankle if he's held out until maybe the Louisville game.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Robert Johnson had the same injury suffered against Purdue on February 20, and he returned March 17 against Chattanooga playing 24 minutes.

That's almost a whole month.  He eventually re-injured that ankle if I'm remembering correctly, so he may have been brought back too soon.

I know all injuries are not the same, but I'd feel better about him not re-injuring that ankle if he's held out until maybe the Louisville game.

Yea, RJ was not the same the rest of the year.

Like I said he will probably be out a month. At least this happened early in the season

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yea, RJ was not the same the rest of the year.

To be fair, we had a very small.sample size of Rojo being back as season was pretty much over. OG will have ample time to get back into form. Also, it just didnt appear his ankle injury looked as bad as Rojos. Just my 2 sense.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app