Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

BIG TEN CHAMPIONS

I think tonight is the game we need to win. I think Maryland game at home we should win and we could pull out a win at Iowa the way they been playing lately but I doubt it. Illinois is always a tough place for Iu to win.

I may be wrong but I believe the only game Iu has not been favored in Bigten has been Msu so far I'm sure will be underdogs at Iowa but favored against Maryland. So to be favored 16/18 games does that mean we are a great team or rest of Bigten is so so

I may be wrong but I believe the only game Iu has not been favored in Bigten has been Msu so far I'm sure will be underdogs at Iowa but favored against Maryland. So to be favored 16/18 games does that mean we are a great team or rest of Bigten is so so

at Michigan I would say that means we are really good at home to be favored over a top 5 team in iowa at the time. Depends on what lines you looked at ken Pom didn't have us projected as finishing 16-2 at the beginning of the year 13-5 was the pre-conference projections. Fwiw big 10 is projected to get half its teams in the tournament

Out of curiosity how did Kenpom predictions change for Iowas next games?

Good question.

They had a small drop, but for the most part remained steady. We now have a 30% chance to win compared to I believe 26 or 24% prior to the loss. At Michigan is at 54% and therefore a straight toss-up, it was maybe 56 or 58% before and at OSU is 63% which I believe is only 1 point lower than before. I don't think I ever took a snapshot of them prior to the game, but if someone recalls me posting one let me know and I'll grab it and post the comparison.

Should and must win game tonight. Beat illinoy (as we should, but certainly not a given in the faux Assembly Hall) and we can split the last two. Let's just play it safe and win 'em all. ;)

Also, illinoy is neither a good win nor a respectable loss, so a loss gives our tournament résumé another gut punch. Losing to Maryland or Iowa will not be seen as a bad loss, but can help us immeasurably with seeding with wins in March.

B1G is so so and we finally got a beneficial schedule.

Win tonight and we have breathing room for a loss at Iowa. I don't see this team losing in Assembly Hall with the Big Ten title on the line against Maryland

I said the same for senior night when we were #1, boy was I wrong.

Note: that game wasn't for the championship. We won at Michigan which we all remember.

Yeah you're right. I like to pretend that month of March didn't happen. That was hard for me as a student haha

i was at that game. Didn't even stay for the post game senior stuff because was so upset. Didn't think we would win at Michigan that year